Sunday, September 20, 2009

I can't wait until I'm 8 for then I'll be baptized you see!

Today is Sammies 8th birthday! Wow how quickly she has grown up...literally! Sammie joined our family 6 weeks before she was due and weighed in at a whopping 4 pounds and was 17 inches long. Her Personality however has never been tiny! She has what we like to call at our house "Sassitude"! A little bit of Sass and a lot of attitude...I think she gets that from her Dad...LOL. She is quite the girly girl and loves to sing and dance but has no problem kicking it with her brothers. She can often be found outside right in the middle of all of them and is not afraid to scrape a knee or get her fingernails dirty. She is such a joy to have as part of our family.

This year is an especially special birthday because she is turning 8. Usually all of our children have been baptized on the first Saturday of the month following their birthdays. However since Sammie will be welcoming a new baby brother about that time we decided to do things a little different. Sammie is actually being baptized tonight on her birthday by her Dad. Her cousin Tommy who also just turned 8 will be sharing her special day with her. She is so excited and can hardly wait...she is actually counting down the minutes! This year we had a special book and DVD made by an amazing woman (Savanna Tate) so she can always remember her special day. We spent the day downtown having pictures taken which she then has bound into a hardback book. Each picture goes along with a letter of the alphabet which goes along with a gospel topic and scripture(example : K:Kindness; I can live my life filled with kindness for myself and for others; Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.) It truly is an amazing keepsake! I thought I would share some of the pictures that Savanna took as well as some of the ones I sent her too. Happy birthday Sammie we love you!

2 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Oh man, I can't believe Sammie's 8! She was such a little peanut when she was born, and now she is a beautiful young lady. We sure love our Sammie, and we can't wait to see her tonight. It's such an awesome day for her!!!

geislers said...

Happy Birthday Sammie! Thanks for inviting us to your baptism! It was wonderful! And you looked beautiful! Love ya!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors