Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodnight Sleep Tight...

Two posts in one day...wow I really am on a roll! LOL

Christian's birthday was a week ago and we finally celebrated it this weekend with a great "Bedtime Stories" birthday party. Thanks to the great idea from my Sister in Law Marci it was quite the success!

We sent out the cutest invitations with a picture of Christian "sleeping" on the front (he is quite the little actor) and promised everyone the night would not be a snoozer!

Everyone showed up for a night of fun in their Jammie's with their pillows. We ate breakfast for dinner and had quite the spread. We ate waffles with all the fix ins, hash browns, eggs, fruit and yummy brown sugar bacon (all for the 10 year olds of course).

After we stuffed our little and my not so little tummy these days, we headed to the garage. The garage you ask..didn't you know that is the new hip place to have a party!?! O.K. the weather totally turned on us...but we didn't let that get us down! We Heugly's sure know how to party!! In the garage the kids were each given a pillowcase to decorate with fabric markers and stencils. I was shocked at the creativity of some of the kids and had no idea it would be as big of a hit as it was.

After they were done being little artists we settled down to watch the movie Bedtime Stories on the wall of the garage. Jake's parents let us borrow their movie projector and the wall in the garage was the perfect screen. We of course had to throw a little popcorn into the evening...what movie is complete without a little popcorn. The kids all bunched together and laughed their little heads off.

Just before the night was over we decided to load them up on a little more sugar! I'm sure their parents loved us. I found a lady who made the cutest cake of Christian sitting on his bed reading a book to his teddy bear...flashlight and all! Too cute however most of the kids didn't realize that the fondant really was just for looks! The cake underneath however was delish!

And if cake and ice cream wasn't enough to top of their sugar highs, we then sent all of the kids out the door with the cutest little pillowcase gift bags (courtesy of Grandma Ellis) filled with more goodies! If their parents didn't love us already they sure would now!

It was a great party and Christian had a blast! He can hardly wait for his next birthday party when he turns 16! LOL O.K. maybe I will give in and let him have one when he turns 15...Seriously WHATEVER!

7 comments:

Sue said...

I totally want a bedtime story party for me..

Joe and Marci said...

Awesome party, awesome pictures, awesome mommy :)

The Cundick Family said...

OMG, Liz blogged!!! I almost fainted when I got an update :) My boys had a blast!! Thanks for including Ayden..you are so thoughtful :) And kudos to your mom for the darling pillow case treat bags..my boys loved them!!

geislers said...

Thanks for inviting Gabe. he had a great time! He hasn't stopped talking about making pillowcases! Btw, How stinkin cute is that cake!!! WOW!

Michael and Natalia said...

Liz, finally!!! I'm so glad you are back to blogging! Your posts are always so fun to read and always have something happy about them. I missed that!

I'm very happy you are feeling great. It looks like Christian's party was a success, I haven't noticed any mad parents' comments :)

Congratulations on another Son (officially)! How exciting!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

I LOVE this idea! It looks like such a great party! You are such the creative mommy... but of course we all knew that.

I hope you are feeling well and doing well... I'd love to get together to catch up sometime soon.

Our family chaos said...

Wow you guys know how to throw a party. How fun!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors