Happy Birthday Jake!
I can hardly believe another year has passed and you are now another year older! I am so lucky to have been able to spend 11 of your birthdays with you and look forward to spending a lifetime more. You are such an amazing husband, father and friend and I am truly the luckiest woman in the world...I love you to the moon and back!
Now 32 (I can't believe you are that old...LOL) things everyone may or may not know about you...and of course 32 of the reasons I am proud to call you mine!!
1. Jake is a twin (of course I had to start with this one...Happy Birthday to you too Joe)
2. Jake actually was named Ashton when he was born and his brother was Adrian but when he came home from the hospital his parents decided he was definitely a Jacob...I would have to agree on that one!
3. Jake and his brother are the youngest of 5 boys and his mom didn't know there were 2 until 2 weeks before he was born! WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE!
4. Jake almost died when he was 2 from dehydration and had to spend quite a while in the hospital...what a scare he gave his mom!
5. Jake has always been a giver, even since he was a baby. Jake would always give his bottle to his twin brother to finish after he had already finished his own!
6. Jake was called Jacob bony since he was tiny because he was so TINY! When we were married he weighed a whopping 120 pounds...no that is not a typo!
7. Jake shot out the window of a special needs bus when he was in elementary school. He was in his backyard shooting apples with his bb gun and decided to try out a bigger target. He never thought he would hit the bus let alone break the window! Not one of his finer moments but it sure makes a funny story now!
8. Jake was and is quite the ladies man...has been since he was little. It started in Elementary school and has continued until now...his 2 little girls adore him and would rather be sitting in his lap than anywhere else! I have to say I sure am lucky!
9. Jake loves to decorate! He used to help his mom decorate for all of the holidays and his brothers would tease him and call him Francois. All I have to say is whose laughing now?? I have the most beautiful 12ft Christmas tree and if it weren't for Jake it would never get put up!
10. Jake is a sauce person. If it's not dripping it needs more. He always orders extra sauce at restaurants and if my food isn't saucy enough he just adds ketchup. I used to take offense but have just learned to close my eyes...seriously you should see it, it's not pretty!
11. Jake loved to play sports as a young child but never played any in high school (see #8).
12. Jake is one of the hardest working people I know...when everyone else is tired he is still going!
13. Jake loves all types of music from rap to classical to church to Musicals (you should hear him sing Phantom...quite entertaining). You never know what you are going to listen to when you enter his car!
14. Jake can talk like Donald Duck and the kids and I love to hear him say "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" seriously about the cutest thing ever!
15. Jake is the only one of his brothers who has a head full of hair. The rest of them have either lost theirs or choose to shave it off. Oh and don't forget he has extremely blond hair and in the summer it is almost white!
16. Jake and I both have "To The Moon and Back" engraved into our wedding rings. It comes from our favorite children's book...Guess how much I love you. We always sign "To The Moon and Back" on every card or email we send to each other. It is our signature I love you to each other.
17. Jake has worked for Zions Bank for over 10 years and has won many awards while working there...too many to count! His most recent awards have been excellence...it starts with me and 40 under 40! We are very proud of all of his accomplishments!
18. Jake is the youngest Senior Vice President in the history of Zions Bank. He was made an SVP at the age of 28! Quite impressive if I can just say so...it is his birthday I think I can brag!
19. Jake loves to target shoot guns and bow and arrows. He recently bought a new bow that the kids can all use and we spent the whole weekend practicing!
20. Jake loves the computer game World of War craft or WOW as it is called at our house. His character is Ice warrior and his most recent freeze dried seems to always be calling his name!
21. Jake does not get jealous. You may think this is a funny thing to say but I have learned a lot from him. He is the first to congratulate someone on a promotion ,accomplishment or new car and is genuinely excited for them.
22. Jake is a hands on Dad. When many Dads are too tired when they come home from work that is when Jake gets his second wind. He can always be found outside throwing a ball or helping the kids ride their bikes and if it is too cold he is found bundling them up to build a snowman or go sledding or Alex's favorite playing horsey!
23. Jake loves all things Historical. His favorite channel is the History channel and he is always telling us stories of what he has learned. He secretly (O.K. maybe not so secretly wishes he was a history teacher!) Along with all things historical Jake loves anything to do with war. He has a collection of swords that would truly frighten you!
24. Jake has recently started teaching at the University of Phoenix. He has always wanted to teach and now has the opportunity. No he is not teaching History but he still loves it!
25. Jake is not a picky eater! In over 1o years of marriage Jake has only told me he hasn't liked 1 of my meals. This could also just be that he is too nice to hurt my feelings but I would just like to believe I'm just not that bad of a cook...wishful thinking! LOL
26. Jake can do quite the back flip/front flip/side flip/cannon ball off the diving board. I usually have to look away...he has no fear!


27. Jake served a LDS mission in Johannesburg South Africa. While there not only was he able to serve the people who loved him but he also gave service in the game reserves. There he was able to work with many animals that we all just look at behind glass. You should ask him to tell you the stories about holding baby lions (that weighed more than he did) and separating a baby hippo from his mother...which if you didn't know are one of the most deadly animals in Africa!
28. Jake is the greatest little league football coach ever! Don't believe me then just ask the 18+ kids on his team...Oh and don't forget all of their parents many of them who cried at the end of year banquet! I feel so lucky that my kids will always be able to have him as a coach!
29. Jake has been able to travel all over the United States and World. He has been to almost all 50 states (thanks to his job) and not only lived in Africa but has been to France, Switzerland, Scotland, England, Caribbean, Mexico and of course many other places I am for sure forgetting!
30. Jake's favorite NFL team is and always has been the Raiders. He has purchased jerseys for all of the kids and during the season it is their after church attire...even if I don't approve. LOL When the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl Jake not only dressed the kids all in their Raiders gear he also painted all of their faces!
31. Jake can make anyone laugh! If you are having a bad day just come for a visit...I promise before you leave your mood will have changed!
32. Jake has 4 of the most beautiful children who absolutely adore him. He will also be welcoming his 5Th later this year...stay tuned for more details! The verdict is still out on who will win...we are looking at a tie breaker!

Amazing I could still keep going. I have so many reasons to love you and am so grateful to have you in my life! I hope you have the most amazing birthday and as always I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!










6 comments:
Happy Birthday to jake, and congrats! I can't wait to find out what you'll have! Good luck
Happy Birthday, Jake! You are always so fun to be around. #31 deserves to be at the top of the list!
I love how Sammie is hugging you and Andrew in this picture!! She is so feminine, sweet and full of love.
What a great post, Liz!! Happy Birthday Jake - I will never, ever forget your birthday :)
It was fun to see you guys last night, let's go bowling soon...
happy b-day Ashton! i've always felt close to you two crazies cuz our bdays were so close! i'm just glad that when you guys played HeMan and one of you was Skeletor, you always let me be She-Ra!! now that you're old fogers, i have so much respect for you and your lives! luv ya
Happy Birthday Jake. Hope it was a good one. I'm sure Liz spoiled you like always!
Liz you nailed it..
unbelievable, you didn't miss one thing.
Jake called me the morning of his birthday, amd he said "Mom I just wanted to remind you it's Joe's b-day today!! That's my Jake, always thinking about everyone else. Liz you married a charm!
Post a Comment