O.K. so the Heugly's are fine...great in fact! I know many of you think we have disappeared off the face of the earth but I promise we are still here!! Life has been crazy. I feel like time truly does fly. Where did it go?? How can I slow it down?
10th date: Our Annual JJJ Christmas extravaganza! Every year we get together with Jakes best friend John and his cute wife Brooke and their children (they now have 5), and Jakes twin brother Joe and his cute wife Marci and their children (they too have 5) and celebrate Christmas. This year Joe and Marci offered their house and it was a riot! 14 Children 12 and under running around and 3 crazy fun friends, did I mention a very yummy dinner provided by Joe and Marci? Thanks guys!
Of course besides all the presents and games and food we took the time to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas. We had all the children dress up and read the nativity from the scriptures. What a wonderful way to end the night!
9th date: Alex's Christmas Concert. Alex goes to preschool at Hilltop Christian school. Each year the children perform a Christmas concert for their families. It was packed and even though we were on the back row we still enjoyed it. Our friends Sam and Melissa came a long and of course added to our fun night! Alex was a doll and I'm sure if we could have seen her would have realized she stole the show! LOL
We finished the night by having dinner at Salt City Burgers in Sandy and loved it! Onion rings and fries always seem to make me happy!! LOL
This Christmas will definitely be one our family will NEVER forget. I truly believe that if even for just a few moments our family became closer, got to know one another better and grew to love each other more. I know I did. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. A wonderful, fun and loving husband who is always doing what he can to make our life so wonderful. 4 children who may not always get along but ALWAYS love each other and put a smile on my face everyday. We truly are so lucky to have each other and were grateful for this wonderful experience we got to share together.









2 comments:
It's about time you blogged I was getting worried about you, just kidding I know how busy you have been :) Just a quick something... This Christmas was a difficult one for me and I just wanted you to know how much your friendship means to me. I honestly don't know where I would be without your support, kind words and let's now forget the laughs. I love you like a sister and hope you know just how incredible you are. Thanks again for all you do and for who you are.
I love your idea of 12 dates of Christmas. If going to the dentist counts, I may even be able to pull it off. What about the 12 loads of laundry? Family fun? You bet!
We love you guys!
Post a Comment