Just when Christmas was finally over and put away Santa visited again! However this Santa was not dressed in red and did not have a white beard. This Santa came in the form of a cute lady from Grocery smarts. She came bearing the gift of teaching me the art of using coupons.
O.K. so coupons you say...WOW that sounds like a great present! Just what you wanted huh?!? Well that is what I have thought for the past 2 years when my cute sister Katie tried to convince me to try it out.
I hate getting behind the ladies in the store who are price checking or digging through their coupons just to save a buck or two.
Well I was wrong...way wrong! They aren't just saving a buck or two try a hundred or two. SERIOUSLY!
I also thought my time is to precious...wrong again. Stocking my pantry and shopping on a budget while building my food storage is well worth the time it takes.
I was told by many that one time is all it would take to convert me...they were right!
I took the time to cut my coupons and check my sales (trust me it really didn't take that much)and headed to the grocery store. Coupons and tape in hand (my only little system) and friend Renee and Sister Katie for support! LOL
1 1/2 - 2 hrs later (There were 2 of us shopping) I returned with a full car load of groceries.
Jake's jaw dropped open! How much did you spend?? You guess I said!!
Look closely at all the items...yogurt lots of it and gogurts, cleaning products, Bisquick, fiber one pancake mix and boxes of cereal (fiber one, honey nut cheerios, trix) , shampoo and conditioner, 10 pounds of potatoes and butter, frozen vegetables, quick fix meals and fruit snacks and granola bars, feminine products, microwave popcorn, cheerios snack mix, 20 cans progresso soup, baked lays, my kids favorite toaster strudels and much more...even a 4 pound roast and 3 pounds of chicken. All for the price of......................................................................................................................................................$102.00
Oh wait it gets better...I had $70.00 worth of gift cards which brought my total out of pocket bill to $32.00!
If we totalled all of the groceries together even including sale prices the groceries would have come to over $450.00. That is over $348.00 in savings on just one shopping trip. Throw in my gift cards and its $418.00 in savings! Worth the time??? Definitely!
MERRY CHRISTMAS oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Seriously I am a convert!
I can't wait for my next shopping trip! This is way better than any shoe sale...LOL think of all the shoes I could buy with my savings!!









7 comments:
Love it!!!! I had so much fun and I was seriously on a high and totally amazed about how much we saved! I can't wait till Wednesday :) Don't forget to get you Sunday papers *lol*
Wow, Liz!! Unbelievable. I could use a lesson, or two!
hey! thanks for your sweet message. i'm excited for a girl- just surprised!
I'm going today....I can't wait! (I don't think I've ever said that about grocery shopping before)
Thanks for going with me! Seriously, I could not have done it without you! Still stressed out but I think I can do it by myself now? we shall see! you might get alot of calls from me! I am just going to apologize now! Love ya! LOL!
Liz - OMG!!! I can't beleive how well you all did... I need a lesson! This would be a great way to spend my Fridays off.
liz- I just wanted to thank you for coming to the party yesterday! It was so sweet of you to come, and so fun to see you "in person" haha
You've been so supportive of me and my bros and family! It's very much appreciated! Talk to you soon
Post a Comment