I love the holidays! I love the lights and the music and the spirit of giving and of course traditions.
My family has many traditions. Traditions that I hope my children will grow to love as much as I have.
Each year on Christmas Eve we gather together as a family to have our traditional English dinner of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. After dinner is over we read the Christmas story from the bible and the grandchildren dress up as Mary and Joseph, the Wise men and Shepard's. When I was younger and being the oldest granddaughter I was always able to play the part of Mary. Now Samantha being the oldest granddaughter is also able to dress as Mary. I have always loved this tradition for it always helped us as children to remember the real reason we celebrate this season.
Another tradition I am particularly fond of is Christmas shopping with my Dad. Since the time I was very young my Dad and my Sister and I would spend one whole day shopping together for my Mom. We would stay home from school and start early of course always taking time for lunch.
We then would return home with a car full of presents which my Sister and I would help wrap and place under the tree. I think we were always just as excited as my Mom on Christmas.
The older my Sister and I have gotten and as our own families continue to grow, Christmas shopping has become a little more challenging. Yet no matter how busy the season may be we always seem to find time to squeeze in this special day with our Dad.
Today my Sister and I spent the day with my Dad shopping. We even got to take along a couple extra helpers!
Of course no shopping trip would be complete without a trip to the jewelry store and we're not talking about Claire's!
Check out that bling!! Hey honey do you think it is time for an upgrade!?! Have you finished my Christmas shopping yet?
Just thought I would drop a few hints! LOL!!
Is it me or do my fingers look like they need some major lotion...Seriously you've got to love Utah winters! WHATEVER!
By the way if you are reading this Mom...none of the above gifts are going to be under your tree this year!! Seriously do you think I would want to spoil it for you!?! Now if you could just hint to my husband I liked all of the above!! LOL!
Who knew Christmas shopping could be so exhausting!?! Ummmmm ME! Can I just say wearing boots with heels...NOT A GOOD IDEA!
Of course no shopping trip would be complete without a little treat, and NO child could survive shopping without a few of them! Looks like Chase enjoyed his licorice...What do you think!?!
A car load of sticky messy kids, too many presents to keep track of, a Dad whose wallet is now empty and two mom's who are in need of a new diet coke...there last ones are now flat...and did someone say a cookie!?!
Thanks Dad for a fun day "Because you believed in me, I believed in me."









1 comment:
Beautiful
Post a Comment