
I am famous for hearing things wrong. I will be singing a song on the radio and am for sure I am singing it right, only to be corrected.
For example...many years ago there was a popular song by Seal called Kiss From A Rose. I loved this song and whenever it would play on the radio I would turn it up and belt out the words...or should I say my own words.
There is a particular line in the song that says...I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey. ...kiss from a rose on the grey. I would sing a kiss from a rose on the grave...kiss from a rose on the grave. WHATEVER!
It wasn't until one of my friends heard the song and after finally being able to compose himself from laughing so hard, corrected me.
I wish I could say this is the only song I have botched but there is a list a mile long...some too embarrassing to share. Not to mention my many other mess ups on things I just didn't quite hear right.
Take for instance when Jake and I bought our first car with a "key la century." I was sooo excited to be able to open my doors with my "key la century", I could hardly stand it. That was until somebody once again set me straight...after making fun of me of course...WHATEVER! It is not a "Key La Century" but a key less entry...Ummm DUH!
I have had way too many of these experiences and again I am going to spare my self any more embarrassment by keeping them to myself.
I will however share one my daughter had just this morning...
She was sitting at the counter with Christian having breakfast when Christian informed me that it was amazing because yesterday Sammie was actually nice. LOL
Sammie turned to Christian with a confused look and said "What you want pet mice?" She then informed him that that will never happen because Mom hates mice!
At least she got something right! UMMMMM I think it's time to pull out the q-tips!










1 comment:
Those stories are great! I do that all the time, probably more then I am aware of. Oh well, at least we know it affects kids too and is not just old age :)
Post a Comment