Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What do you take for granted???

Anyone who knows me knows I HATE HATE HATE yard work! Maybe this is because as a child I lived in a corner house with 5 monstrous trees with life size leaves I had to help rake or maybe because as a child I would help my grandpa on his 1+ acre garden picking rows and rows of peas. Whatever the reason is I don't know but I do know I HATE yard work! That is until I got this email from a friend. Maybe I should change my mind and head out side to weed!

This is a picture of an Army soldier in Iraq with his tiny 'plot' of grass in front of his tent. He is a soldier stationed in Iraq , stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt ( U.S. soil), fertilizer, and some grass seed so that he can have the sweet aroma, and feel the grass grow beneath his feet When the men of the squadron have a mission that they are going on, they take turns walking through the grass and the American soil -- to bring them good luck.

If you notice, he is even cutting the grass with a pair of a scissors. Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don't stop and think about the little things that we take for granted.

I think I'm going to pull some weeds today!

1 comment:

The Cundick Family said...

Love Love Love this!! Ah, we are blessed to have soldiers who give up so much for our freedom.

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors