My two girls love to dance. They dance to anything, music on the radio, Jake whistling and even the hymns at church. Our coffee table has become their stage and anyone who will watch is their audience. I received this email from my brother this week and wondered if I was dancing too fast or possibly encouraging my children to pick up the pace.
(This is Sammie in her first ballet class...she is the second from the right.)
(This is Alex only a few months old and already a little princess...I think she was destined to be a dancer.)
This poem was written by a terminally ill young girl in a New York Hospital ..
It was sent by a medical doctor -
SLOW DANCE
Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
SLOW DANCE
Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his
sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say,'Hi'
You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away.
Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.
This young girl has 6 months left to live, and as her dying wish, she wanted to send a letter telling everyone to live their life to the fullest, since she never will be able to.
She'll never make it to prom, graduate from high school, or get married and have a family of her own.
Life is so short...may we all enjoy every moment!









6 comments:
Oh my Sammie and Alex are too cute!! Thanks for the great message!!
LIFE IS SOOO NOT A RACE..
Loved these thoughts on slowing down..Funny how the Lord almost forces you to slow down in your older years...He's giving us every opportunity to figure out what matters..
I love you Liz..
I love the pretty ballerina pictures!1 Do you have Alex in dance now? I was thinking of getting Fisch into it. The dance place on 1300 east across from Western Gardens has a good 3 year-old class and boys are free!!! I'm wondering if the teacher will let us sneak in at 2 1/2.
I love that! It is so very true. Parts of it break my heart because I know that I need to abide by it more. Especially with my kids. Thanks!
I love that poem - it is so true. Joy in the journey is the point of life. Mostly because the journey is so short. Thanks for the reminder.
Oh, that is so sad :( i will definitely live my life to the fullest! Sammy and Alex look so Cute! Tell them i love them! love, Mckinzie
Post a Comment