Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I must confess....I am addicted!

As a teenager my Grandparents had all of their grandchildren (myself included) attend a drug and alcohol addiction class. I had some family members on both sides of my family that had struggled in this area and my grandparents didn't want the same for any of their grandchildren.
The class was definitely eye opening and obviously scared me because to this day I have never tasted alcohol or tried any drugs.

I am however addicted and know that part of overcoming my addictions is admitting to them. So here it goes...


My Family: I am addicted to my family! I love my family and enjoy every minute I am able to spend with them. I am a home body and love nothing more than curling up on the couch with popcorn(another one of my addictions) a movie and all of my children...Jake included!





Popcorn: I love love love popcorn! Any kind will do however, I love just going to movies to smell popcorn...maybe I should get a job in a theatre but then that would almost be like an alcoholic working in a liquor store! Probably not a good idea!!! I however did go to a movie last weekend and didn't have any popcorn, not even one kernel! Come to think of it I didn't have popcorn or a diet coke, which of course leads me to my next addiction!!

Coke Zero: Can I just say yummy!! My day just isn't quite the same if I don't at least have a swig!! I know, I know this is a problem but have you tried the stuff??? Come on everybody is trying it! Just kidding...I'm not that addicted...I just get a massive headache and am ornery if I don't have one! LOL!!

Club Puff Crackers: Am I the only one seeing a pattern here...I am not just addicted to food however it may seem like that. But again I must say YUMMY!!




My Other addictions: Exercise( however I am very close to kicking this habit), friends ( I have the greatest friends), talking(some days I never even shut up!), Red Mango Frozen Yogurt (HAVE YOU TRIED THIS ???) Football..O.K. just watching Jake and Christian play( I always wanted to be a cheer leader!), and last but not least Stephanie Meyer books which would explain Where I have been the last few days!


I just can't get enough and am definitely on TEAM EDWARD! I even waited up until midnight with some of my amazing friends( I told you they were addictive) to be one of the first to buy a book!! You wouldn't believe the crowds and the costumes...At least I wasn't that bad! I think that must mean there is help for me!!

So here is to the first step of 12. I am not quite sure about taking the other 11 but at least it was a good start!! Baby steps right??


2 comments:

The Cundick Family said...

I share most of you addictions except where is chocolate? Seriously!! Team Edward here, was there ever any question? Funny how we screamed when we saw the trailer, talk about "Twilight moms" *LOL* I had so much fun tonight and every night we hang out, you are the best!!

Joe and Marci said...

I'm totally with you, especially on the popcorn, crackers, and new book - I just finished yesterday. (By the way, my niece works at Red Mango, so I'm sure you've seen her there!)

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors