Lately my food bill has been growing and growing! I hate spending money on food, come to think of it, I hate to go grocery shopping!
I was complaining to my sister the other day about the cost of food. It is cheaper to take my kids for a cheeseburger than it is to make a delicious, nutritious home cooked meal. Are you kidding me...WHATEVER!
My sister called me this weekend and alerted me on a sale they were having a Smith's. If you buy 10 boxes of cereal they are each $1.50. I jumped right on this and went to buy my 10 boxes. While I was there I stocked up on a few other items...brownie mixes and paper towels.
Today my sister called again. She informed me that I could have bought 30 boxes of cereal. Are you serious...I bet you can't guess where I headed. Smith's?!? You are so smart!
I stocked up on more cereal and even bought Crispix (which they were out of the day before), did you know they very rarely go on sale...yeah me either!
On my first outing to the store I spent $80 and saved $50 (this was also not just on cereal). Today I spent $137 on cereal, clorox wipes, and the rest of the weekly groceries, I saved $101. I know I am new at this, but not too bad!
So what am I going to do with all this cereal you ask??? Of course I bought marshmallows for my rice krispie treats and tonight we are having rice krispie chicken.
So happy shopping to all of you and thank heavens for Winder Dairy!
Rice Krispie Chicken
Chicken Tenders, Rice Krispies, Seasoned Salt, Butter
Mix rice krispies and seasoned salt in a ziploc bag. Crunch rice krispies a little. Dip tenders in butter and toss in rice krispie mixture. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. ENJOY!









7 comments:
I am so going to Smiths! We go through cereal like nothing else, so it's good to stock up. Besides, if we have a disaster, there is nothing better to survive on. :) Thanks for the tip.
Liz! I am so proud of you! Doesn't it feel good to get a good deal? Thanks for the recipe for the chicken. I'm going to have to try it! Happy cereal eating! (We go through a lot of cereal--it's fast and easy!)
Hey Liz, thanks for the money saving tips - I'll take any tips you have!!! I suck at grocery shopping and always spend a fortune for... what? - I swear I come home with nothing!! Anyway, I'm totally going to try your chicken! Thank you!
Sweet, I am all about new recipes...and easy one's too! K- I love cerial...I live for cerial! I know weird, but especially when I'm pregnant...bring it on! I share the same hatred for grocery shopping!
P.S. congratulations to Jake! That is awesome, and you look beautiful in the picture with him!
Forget about the deal at smiths and the great recipe...Did anyone check out the look on Alex's Face?She's won the lottery..She's the luckiest girl on the planet..She's like, look what I have..My mommie is the greatest mom in the world, cause look at my cereal..
Once again she has my heart..
(my job is to point out the obvious)
Hi Liz!
It's Shannon Anderson (Isabelle's Mom) from the ward. I saw your blog linked from Angie Simmons'. Your header is really cute ~ I'll have to find out what program you're using! Thanks for the cereal tip, that is a good deal!
Post a Comment