Monday, June 9, 2008

My "Fancy Nancy"




One of my all time favorite children's books is "Fancy Nancy" It is about a little girl who just wants her family to appreciate how fancy she is. She is always using fancy words and wearing the fanciest clothes.


Alex is my "Fancy Nancy". She is always dressing up, can't leave the house without a bow in her hair and needs at least 10 coats of lipstick on at one time. One is just not enough and if it is only on the lips well then she might as well just DIE!!


Today after her shower she showed up downstairs dressed like this and thought she was so FANCY!! Not only is she wearing her dress backwards but notice the pink skirt she has chosen to wear underneath it. Who would have thought those two would have looked so good together?? Not to mention her fourth of July flip flops what an accessory, and of course you can't forget the glasses and bow...don't forget the bow!


Isn't she the fanciest little thing you've ever seen?? She looks so darling I think we will head out for ice cream Sundaes or as Nancy likes to call them parfaits.

3 comments:

The Cundick Family said...

Alex I love you! What would I do if I didn't have a cute little girl like you to love?

Jellybeans Children's Boutique said...

I was searching for Fancy Nancy party ideas for my shop and I came across your adorable family. I think that you might enjoy visiting our website and reading our blog.

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Believe it or not, I have never read Fancy Nancy!!! Next library trip, I know what I'll be picking up. Alex is such a doll with SO MUCH personality!!!! Fisch is wearing purple toenail polish presently, so he may just be fancy enough for Fancy Nancy, or maybe a playdate with Alex.

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors