Saturday, June 14, 2008

Are You Superstitious???



Are you terrified of Black Cats? Would you walk under a ladder or open an umbrella inside the house? Do you hate the number 13? Are you Superstitious? I am!


I am not afraid of black cats or the number 13 but I do have my superstitions. I am an even numbered girl. I do not like odd numbers! Maybe this is because I was the middle child of 3?? I have always liked even numbers, 4 being my favorite...sound crazy?? Does this really shock you, seriously whatever!

So ever since the marathon I have been terrified of running. I injured myself and have been afraid to try running again. Seeing the treadmill almost sends me into a panic attack! My beautiful new running watch Jake gave me for my birthday still sits unopened on my night stand. The thought of opening the box terrifies me, not to mention the treadmill. I am as terrified of the treadmill as some people are of black cats and ladders. I have come close to getting on at the gym but of course panic and end up planting my butt on the bike.


Yesterday I decided to conquer my fear of the treadmill. I woke up early and headed to the gym. I worked out with my trainer and explained to him that I was going to attempt the unimaginable today. He chuckled and wished me luck. I entered the dark cinema room (my favorite place at the gym...no one to see my jiggle butt), and walked towards the treadmills. The first 3 treadmills I saw were out of order...is this a sign? You know how I feel about those odd numbers!! I ignored the flashing STOP and headed right towards treadmill #4...my favorite number...this is the sign I was looking for!! I jumped on...turned on my ipod and began to warm up. I slowly increased my speed until I was at my regular pace I am used to. Then it happened...no my knee didn't give out like I thought it was going to but ROCKY started to play on my ipod. I was once again back at the race. Tears started to fill my eyes...yes I am serious...so many emotions started to flow through my body and I once again felt like myself. I realized how much I have been missing running. How much I enjoyed it. It was easy to forget the high I felt and the feeling I feel after I am finished.


So here's to superstitions. I think I just might go walk under a ladder or open an umbrella...better yet break a mirror...o.k. maybe not!

1 comment:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

YAY! Good for you! I think you've motivated me (we'll see if the motivation lasts till tomorrow). Kristy hasn't been running much either. She just moved a block from Liberty Park. We should go over there and run with her - for old times sake! Maybe really early on Saturday morning to make it authentic. Then we could go to the farmer's market and have some yummy pastries to top it off!! Ok maybe we could go there and eat fruit instead... but definitely get a super-yummy strawberry lemonade!! Whadaya say?

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors