Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Roar and Slither Squawk and Coo, Things are happening, At the Zoo!




Yesterday was Sammie's field trip to the zoo! I love this field trip and always look forward to it. There is nothing quite like chasing six kindergartners around in 80 degree weather!
Alex got to go along and thought she wasone of the big kids! This meant she thought she didn't need to ride in the stroller! WHATEVER! As if keeping track of six, six year olds wasn't enough throw a very head strong 2 year old into the mix!
We started at the giraffes and worked our way around the zoo, conveniently convincing them that we didn't need to go to the reptile house! Anyone who knows me, knows I HATE REPTILES!!! Snakes, lizards...you name it...I hate it! My plan worked very well until we had five minutes left in the day. One of the darling children in my group started to get upset about not seeing the turtles! Seriously we had 5 minutes left I thought I was in the clear! This of course got the other children wanting to see the turtles as well, not to mention the other chaperon who was with me started in on a story about once seeing the turtles at the zoo mating! Are you kidding me this is kindergarten not sex ed!
Of course being the big softie that I am, (I couldn't let down these six cute 6 year olds and one crazy chaperon who was secretly hoping for a repeat of turtle love), decided to head on a turtle hunt!
With 5 minutes left, 6 six year olds, one crazy chaperon, one head strong 2 year old and of course me pushing the stroller full of everything everyone couldn't carry headed off full speed to the reptile house!!! We were on a mission and we were going to let nothing get in our way! We dashed down the hill, through the tigers, pass the concessions (a diet coke would have been so nice about now) and straight to the reptile house!
The door opened and I was once reminded of how much I hate this place! Humid and smelly and claustrophobic and did I mention smelly! We rushed inside and found the turtles,who can I add are very huge and thank heavens weren't mating! I did not want to have that conversation today, give me a few years!! The countdown started as I told them they had 10 seconds to enjoy these lovely creatures and not a second more...we didn't want to get left behind!!
We then rushed back to the bus where we found the kindergarten teacher looking for us! We were late and the last ones to board the bus, tired and hot but with smiles on our faces! What a fun memorable day , one that I will never forget and am sure they won't either!

No comments:

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors