Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunny skies just got brighter!


So I blogged this morning about how my black cloud had officially disappeared. I was excited about the change in weather and how we were going to be heading to the park. The girls and I went and got bagels and headed to the park with my friend Renee are her boys and all was good...or so we thought! 70 degree weather great, 50 mile and hour winds (not literally) not so good. Needless to say park day wasn't quite the experience I was hoping for. We ended up packing everything up and heading to Renee's kitchen. We did however have a great time and as the day progressed it just seemed to keep getting better.
We decided to hit Steve and Barry's. I had never been and it was quite the experience. Seriously everything in the store was $8.98 or less. You just can't beat that! My boys had been bugging me to buy these seriously ugly shoes and I had been dragging my feet. Did I say they were ugly?? I finally gave in and realized I shouldn't have waited so long. How can you pass up a deal like that? At least if they are ugly they weren't expensive.
I then went to get a massage which was much needed. I am still having trouble with my IT band and was referred to this woman who is supposed to work miracles. When I got there she explained to me her rules...I could cry, yell at her, scream at her and if I felt like it I could even swear at her as long as I promised not to hit her!! Trust me there were times I really wanted to do all of the above. This was not your typical massage, I definitely didn't disappear to my happy place. However I feel great and am excited to return for more torture this Wednesday. I am crossing my fingers this is just what my IT band needs.
So as you can see my great day was just getting better. I didn't think anything could really make me feel better than I already did. Well except for a flauta chicken salad from bajio. Not only was it so yummy but it was my 10th visit so you know what this means...next meal free! I know life is great! Thanks Sue for introducing me! I am officially addicted and YES if you read my blog on Saturday you would know I had one then too. Jake is out of town and I am running kids to and from lacrosse practices and dance, did you really think I was going to cook? You obviously don't know me very well then!
So what could honestly top that? Hold on I know you are dying to know and I am going to tell you!! I got on my computer to check my emails and had another email from Gregory Lang! Are you kidding me...I thought today couldn't get any better. I am going to attach my email I sent him and the response he sent back. You tell me what you think... here is his email he sent me after my first story that I already posted...
Hi Liz:I like your story but want to know more about your relationship with your mom around the issue of prayer and coming to know God. Can you remember any specific time when you prayed together and she might have said something you have always remembered?

Here is what I sent him back:Gregory-
Thank you for your email. I am glad you liked my story. I am not sure if you are wanting me to add to my already existing story or if you just want me to fill you in on some details. I will do my best and hope it is what you want.

"Have you gotten down on your knees" is the answer to many of the questions or frustrations I call my mother with. I always know just what she will say,yet I still call. I think sometimes I just need her to remind me. There is nothing too small to pray about in her eyes. I am always loosing my keys and "Have you gotten down on your knees" or "Have you prayed" is always the answer I hear at the other end of the phone.

I came from a very religious family who have very strong beliefs in God or a Heavenly Father. I was taught to pray at a very young age. I don't think my mother ever tucked me into bed at night without reminding me or asking me if I had said my prayers. Prayer was a very important part of our lives and was the answer to many of life's problems or challenges.

I was not a troubled child but definitely pressed my limits. My youngest daughter (the one I wrote the story about) is just like me. She presses my buttons and questions everything. My mother always used to say she hoped one day I would have a child just like me, well I did. I was the child (the middle child) who had to always figure things out on my own. I wouldn't believe my parents that the wires hanging in the garage shouldn't be put together. I had to try it out for myself. which of course sent me a few feet across the garage landing right on my behind!

Of course this is only one of the many times I just had to test things out myself. I think it was that way with Prayer. I had always been taught to pray and I saw my mother praying by the side of her bed many nights but just like everything else in life I needed to figure things out on my own. Like I said earlier I was the child who had to push my limits. Well when I was about 17 I not only pushed mine but pushed my parents as well. I hit a very hard time in my life. I was faced with challenges and decisions that no young teenage girl should ever have to think or worry about. I found myself very alone and I felt like I had no one to turn to. I had some very big decisions to make and as wonderful as my family was, they couldn't help.

It was at this time in my life that I had to turn to my Heavenly Father for help and comfort. I had always prayed but not really prayed. Up until this point in my life praying had been like a routine for me. Brush your teeth, put on your jammies, pray, go to sleep. I was praying but not really praying. I didn't have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. That was until I was alone. I had a wonderful family who loved and cared about me but I needed someone to talk to besides my family. Someone to listen to me and not judge. I turned to my Heavenly Father. I soon began to see what my mother had been trying to teach me since I was so young. Things were clearer to me. I finally understood why she was always on her knees. My mother knew her Heavenly Father (God)and he knew her. I soon felt the way she did. I knew without a doubt that my Heavenly Father was listening to me and he loved me.

I wish I could say that all of my troubles went away and that life was once as it was. This of course didn't happen but something greater. I learned that God does hear and answer prayers. He listens and is always there when you need him most. Just as my mother has always said there is nothing too big or small to pray about.

I now can only hope and pray that my daughters as well as my sons will also come to know and love their Heavenly Father as their Grandma and their Mother both do.
And here is what he sent back:All good stuff. Thanks so much for your help, and I'll send a draft story to you as soon as I can.

So I know it's not the long you are an amazing writer and you are soooo talented that I had hoped for but he did say GOOD STUFF and DRAFT STORY. AHHHHH! What does that mean? Does it mean what I think it does? I can't believe this. All from blogging. SERIOUSLY can I say WHATEVER!!
Anyway if it doesn't mean what I think it does I have to say I am proud of myself. I am not one to usually toot my own horn but I am not always good at bearing my testimony to others. Something I really need to work on. But I do feel that I was able to let this man know how much I love my Heavenly Father and how blessed I feel that I know I can turn to him with anything big or small. If anything I hope he was touched by what I had to say.

1 comment:

The Cundick Family said...

Liz~*sob* You spoke from your heart and that is very powerful and tender. Can I just toot your horn for you....Amazing! You are such an inspiration to me and I know I have said that but I truly mean that. Faith isn't something taught it is a strong feeling and knowing and you continue to teach all those around you....especially me. Thanks for being you!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors