Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Have you been bitten?


So if being addicted to blogging isn't bad enough I am also addicted to Stephenie Meyers Twilight series. Maybe I should do a blog on all of my addictions...coke zero, blogging, twilight books, bajio chicken flauta salads...did you really think they were bad, seriously come on!

Last year when I finished Stephenie's last book Eclipse I went through a little rut, I was depressed. I soon realized it was because I had to wait a whole year for the 4th and final book...are you kidding me! I am not always that patient, I couldn't believe I was going to have to wait an entire year. For months this was pretty much all I could think of and I am not kidding when I say I told everybody about the books.

Well today I found something to help ease the pain of waiting a few more months. I was at dance with Sam and saw that one of her teachers had the book. Of course I had to talk to her about it, would you expect anything less? She then told me about this great website called twilightmoms.com. You have to be 25 or older, have children and be married, or at least one of these to be a part of this site. How cool I fit all three!


I hit the site today and here is what it says...pretty funny...SO...YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE whose life was turned upside down once you read Twilight...Your house is a disaster with piles of laundry in every corner and stacks of dirty dishes at record breaking heights.(You mean I'm not the only one?!?) You imagine your husband is a vampire (or werewolf) and have the libido of a newlywed again!(Wow I thought it was because I was 30, oh come on don't pretend I'm alone here) You keep convincing yourself that "cold cereal makes a perfectly wholesome dinner" and the pizza delivery boy is now on your Christmas card list.(O.K. so I haven't quite gotten this bad yet.) Your children are free to run amuck as long as no one comes to you bleeding...too badly. (Well I wish I could say that this hasn't happened but I think I blogged already about butterfly bandages...busted!)


They then add...There are more of us out there than I thought. Fans of the Twilight Series in OUR STAGE of life (whether you're a mom or not) need a place where we can gather unashamed of our irrational obsession with vampires and werewolves. We need a place where "our kind" can relate without having to wade through all the teenage internet code mumbo jumbo like "OMG!!! IMHO Edward is sooo Hawt!!!" (usually a dead givaway that you should be doing your social studies homework for 3rd period instead of playing on the computer.)


So if you have bitten...check out this site I am sure you will love it and it will help the next 4 agonizing months pass by a little quicker!


P.S. Courtney G. if you are reading...I totally thought of you when I found this site...happy reading!

8 comments:

L said...

What a politically incorrect site!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

I think that descripfion describes my blogging obsession (except for the vampire part).

Kathy Habel said...

I love the Twilightmoms site! Best place around!

Amy said...

So glad you found Twilight Moms! It's the best place for all things Twilight!

I'm AmyO on the site (real original screen name, huh?) and I hope you enjoy yourself there!

We've got some big UT gatherings coming up in the next couple of weeks so if the thought of meeting people from the internet doesn't freak you out you should join us!

Melissa said...

TwilightMoms is so awesome! I was so glad not to be the "only one"! Makes you feel a little more normal! See you on the boards! What a beautiful family you have!

~Melissa, 'chocoholic' on TMs.

Mary Ann said...

Yeah for Stephenie Meyer, Twilight, & TwilightMOMs! Glad you found TMs and joined the fun!

Laurie said...

YAY!! I'm Backup_Bella on the site. I am so glad that you stumbled upon us. Say hi sometime while you are obsessing at TM's!!

Britten said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you found us and so glad you blog!!

I'm EndlessTwilight from the boards at TwilightMOMS. Welcome!!

Your family is adorable!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors