Monday, March 17, 2008

When My Children Sleep...



















One of my favorite things at night
is to watch my children when they're sleeping.
As I watch them one by one,
I wonder what dreams they are keeping,
and hope their little minds embrace
the good ones,
and keep out the bad- that come creeping.
The moonlight plays shadow games
on their faces, as an occasional smile
teases upon their lips.
I listen to their breathing,
as it slows and becomes deep.
This is a time I'll always treasure,
and a peaceful moment I'll forever keep...

The other night I thought all of the kids were tucked snug in their beds and to my surprise found them all tucked into Sammie's. At least they were all sleeping!!

3 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

So sweet! So, I must know, are you the author of all of your sweet little poems?

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Ah Ha! I think that Jamie Lynette Edson would appreciate a little credit! (so obviously, I'm still having that little mood problem that we discussed!)

Liz and Jake said...

Whatever Lisa! Have you had your veggies today?

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors