Friday, March 14, 2008

BLOG ABOUT IT...


So I thought I was keeping this blog thing under control and from my family. I didn't think they knew how much time I was spending on the computer and of my so called "addiction". Who was I kidding. This morning while racing to get the kids ready and out the door my kids started to "spill the beans". This has become a daily ritual at our house and is where one of my children decides to tell the others deep dark secrets. You know the ones you don't want your Mom to know about! Today was Christian's turn. He must have done something to tick off Andrew and Sammie because they both wanted me to know something. Christian has a girlfriend. NO SHOCK TO ME! We're talking about Christian and who doesn't love Christian? A girl at school passed him a note and asked him to be her boyfriend. WHATEVER! I told him fine but he better not be holding her hand! Anyway after sharing this funny little story they all started to chant BLOG ABOUT IT...BLOG ABOUT IT...BLOG ABOUT IT! So what do I do...BLOG ABOUT IT!
I admit I am addicted and obviously have a problem, but is it really that bad? What's wrong with taking tons of pictures of my children and writing about all the cute things they say and do? It could be worse right?? Well I thought it would be funny to look up the 12 steps to recovery this morning and found a funny little article. I guess this really is a serious subject and maybe I shouldn't be making light of it. It was called the The 12 Step Program to Managing a Blogging Addiction. Let me share a little...

1. Admit you have an addiction. Common signs of addiction include: having more “Internet Buddies” than real life friends, communicating with your spouse via comments on your blog and others, keeping your blackberry handy at all times in case you have an idea for a post… (Well at least I don't have a blackberry! Does keeping your camera on you at all times count? Whatever!)

2. Decide you’re not a quitter and will manage your addiction by being a functioning blogger. Yes, this means you can’t forget to feed the cat or husband because your writing an article, you still have to clean the house. (What about laundry?)
So I won't bore you with the rest. Maybe this is because I am not ready for step 3. Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe how much you are blogging, i check like 3 times a day on your blog just so i can keep up with you! i think it's cool! it's fun to read about stuff that the kids are doing. i'll keep checking up on your blog! have a great day! we need to go to lunch with Katy and Natalie...find out with Katy what would work best with her!

The Cundick Family said...

Liz if you a blog addict..then that means I have to admit I am. So let's just play dumb ok.....I love this bloging thing, to me it like journaling and you can keep in touch with friends and family so what could possibly be bad about that?? Tell Christian he's to young to date so that is that. We love your blog so blog on Liz blog on.....

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors