In other words...My Dad is strong!
Andrew had his country report today and chose to do it on South Africa. For all of you who don't know Jake served his mission there. It only takes about two seconds to figure this out after entering Jake's office (but that is another story!) I think I could do a whole days worth of stories about Jake's office!
Andrew worked very hard on his report and even made his own PowerPoint presentation. Jake showed him how and let him do all the work. I was very impressed with Andrew and learned he is extremely good at typing. I guess War Craft has come in handy.
Andrew was supposed to do his report at 2:30 and about 1:00 I received a phone call asking me to pick him up. He had lost his voice and wasn't feeling well. Of course I dropped what I was doing and headed over to the school. I guess his nerves had gotten to him. After a lot of coaxing and finally just making him do it, he presented his report. He did a very nice job and I was very proud of him. He had brought many artifacts which made his report very interesting. He also gave each of his classmates a small can of Coke. Jake lived off of Coke while living there. I am sure that won over most of his class. I hope I don't receive any calls from angry parents.
This was a very fun for Andrew and Jake to work on this report together. Andrew learned a lot about his Dad and Jake even learned a little from Andrew. What a great bonding experience. Andrew did learn that..."Baba tiquo so mandla".
P.S. I guess Alex didn't care much for Andrew's report! She is such a good little listener.









1 comment:
Way to go Drew!! Sorry you got the gitters and felt sick :( You are a great young man.
Post a Comment