Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Halloween! I start planning months in advance what each and everyone of us is going to dress up as. I spend hours working on or adding to our costumes and each year try to make it better than the last. This year I was so excited! I found the perfect costume for Bridger...yes even he gets to dress up... even if only a few weeks old. To top it off I also found the cutest costume for his stroller...oh yes the stroller gets to dress up too! Well every stroller needs a cute quilt to go with it...so on top of the costume and stroller costume I suckered my mom into making the cutest quilt to match! Cute...Oh you can't even imagine!! Cute doesn't even describe it! Of course from there the rest of the family's costumes started to fall into place, and as easily as they fell into place they fell apart!
Sammie wanted to be pippi longstocking and with her hair it was going to be perfect! Perfectly awful...LOL! Sam has the most beautiful long thick hair and getting her hair to stand straight out was like watching a horror movie. Even better listening to her get her hair done sounded like a HORROR movie! Let's not forget the tears they came along with the screams or terror! 



I wish you could see how absolutely darling her costume was...these pictures just don't do it justice! Mom's pay attention to detail and Dad's...Well you know! Thanks Jake for taking my place at the Halloween parade! If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have pictures!! For any of you wondering...She was wearing tights that were mismatched...stripes and polkadots, pink and black polka dot bloomers and there were cute patches all over the jumper! By the looks of this picture you can't even tell she was bawling just a few moments before. I guess it hurts to have a hanger shoved in your braids...Seriously! My mom always said it was painful to be beautiful!! LOL
Christians costume...now Christians costume was going to be a winner! I shall not tell you what he was going to be because I still have high hopes to pull it off next year! LOL I really had good intentions of pulling it together but with my new darling and yes refluxy (is that a word) baby, my many hours of building his costume were spend holding, cuddling and bouncing my little sweet heart! Instead I did something that to this date I have never done before...I reused a costume...AHHHHH! Thank heavens Christian is such a sweet easy going and forgiving child because he just really didn't care!

Andrew well I knew eventually it was going to happen. When asked what he wanted to be he just blankly stared back at me with a "If you actually think I am going to dress up you are crazy" look on his face. Seriously why doesn't he just break my heart!
My costume...now let me just tell you, the fact that 5 weeks post baby I was even willing to squeeze into a costume is amazing all on its own! Seriously that is how much I LOVE Halloween!!
Now Alex...her costume was fabulous! The cutest thing you have ever seen. I spent many hours adding to and blinging her costume and even have the burn marks on my fingers to prove it! I was so excited to dress her up and take her out that I was even willing to ignore the slight fever that she had the morning of the school Halloween parade. She is not sick I told Jake! No she is not...NO WAY!!
Well...She was!

Alex spent the next 2 days sleeping a lot and complaining of an achy body...not to mention her high fever. We finally took her in Friday night and after she vomited all over Jake the Dr and some tests they diagnosed her with...THE SWINE FLU! YUCK...I hate pigs...LOL!


Check out her cute piggy jammies...I felt it was so appropriate!
It has been a very long week...Alex has been very sick and is still running a fever today! She missed trick or treating and never was able to put on her darling costume...I guess we will have to try it again next year...Hmmm I wonder what more I could add to it by then! I sure hope it will still fit! With my luck...
The rest of our family has been put on tamiflu to avoid getting this nasty little bug, and for the most part have succeeded. Jake ran a fever for a couple of days with body aches but is now doing much better. Christian and Sammie have both had nasty side effects from the medicine and have both been dizzy and thrown up. Sammie in front of her 2nd grade class, which we are hoping she will get over soon...she was quite embarrassed! Andrew and I have decided we are NOT getting this and so far we are doing just that!
Bridger was sent to Primary Childrens after showing some symptoms as well. After 5 very long hours and some not so comfortable pokes and tests he was sent home on tamiflu. We are still waiting for the results of all of the tests but are happy to say his first test for H1N1 came back negative!! WOO HOO!!
We are hoping this bug decides it is done visiting our house and that it never comes to stay again! I am so not a fan of H1N1...seriously it really put a damper on my favorite holiday. Today I officially took all of my very cute reminders of Halloween down. Alex was watching me and with a very confused look on her face said..."Mom why are you taking down all of the Halloween decorations down?" I told her it was because Halloween was over to which she responded..."Awwww it is??" I told her in my very sad voice...because I truly am sad...that Yes Halloween had already passed. She then asked..."How much longer till Halloween again?" 1 very long year. Hmmm what shall we dress up as!?!









1 comment:
Yikes, talk about a frightful Halloween! I'm sorry you all have ad to endure such a nasty bug! How is Bridger feeling?
Post a Comment