Monday, January 26, 2009

Count Your Blessings...


I have found myself in a rut these days. Overwhelmed with life. Primary Presidency and PTA duties, being a Mom and running 5,000 errands, a husband who works himself so hard and had to travel way more than this little family would like and we can't forget his new teaching job.


To be honest I feel some days I just can't do it all. O.K. some days I don't!


Everyone needs to have a little pity party for themselves occasionally right?? Well last week was mine and boy was it a BASH! I didn't have balloons or cake but there was a coke zero and tears involved!


I wasn't feeling well, Jake was out of town and my to do list was a mile long. On top of my to do list was visiting teaching and as much as I love going I was seriously looking for a reason to cancel.


Of course I didn't and was very grateful for that. I went to visit one of the cute ladies in my ward and was very touched at what she had to say. She and her husband have recently fallen on some difficult times and have decided it would be best to TRY and sale their home. She had had many pity parties and then realized it really wasn't much fun and doing her no good. She said she realized that she needed to quit counting her money and start counting her blessings!


I have thought about that a lot this weekend and am amazed that what a difference it truly has made in my life this week.


Jake is gone A LOT! PITY! He does however have a job! Two to be exact, both of which he loves. BLESSING...BLESSING!


I offered to take 3 families in my ward dinner tonight(slightly insane of me) and at about noon today was officially overwhelmed. PITY! Just then my Mom called and asked if I needed any help. BLESSING! She showed up with an extra pot (I was in dire need of one) and stayed to help me finish. BLESSING! After she left I still needed to buy rolls and dessert and was dreading going out again in the snow! PITY! Not long after that my cute Primary President called and by the end of the conversation offered with the other members of the presidency to help with the rolls and dessert. BLESSING!


My children are all healthy right now. BLESSING! I am feeling quite a bit better! BLESSING! Wonderful children. BLESSING! A hardworking, loving husband. BLESSING! Everywhere I look I am reminded of all my many blessings!


Just the other night our cute little neighbor entered her Mother's room gasping for air. She has asthma and her mom thought it must be the inversion. She treated her but no change...it seemed worse. She and her husband knew she needed a blessing but didn't want to bother the bishop at so late an hour and decided to call 911.


A street over our bishop awoke with a feeling that something just wasn't right. He went to his window and could see that there were flashing lights coming from around the corner. He quickly went to find where they were coming from and was able to help give this sweet little girl a blessing. BLESSING!


Just while typing this my neighbor and friend showed up at my door with butcher paper. Butcher paper you say WOW! I have been looking for a specific color for the bulletin board at church and have found it NO WHERE!! Today she did and bought it for me. BLESSING!


I could go on and on. I truly am very blessed and have so much to be thankful for. So if we are counting blessings instead of our money or problems...I am rich!

6 comments:

Wendy Wells said...

Thanks Liz! Sometimes you need to hear that from someone else!

geislers said...

That post...Blessing! Thanks Liz! Love ya!

Unknown said...

There is always a blessing to be found in every challenge and trial. Our new one is that I get to learn something new...Braille!
Love ya,
Aunt Susan

Brooke said...

So true! Thanks for the reminder!

Becky said...

Liz- thanks for your post today! It is easy to go into Pity mode, but it is better on your mood and spirit to thing of the good and not the bad!

Gail said...

Hey Liz just wanted to let you know that we went private. Email me at corbygail@comcast.net. Thanks!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors