Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things That Go BUMP In The Night!

I am not a huge fan of horror movies or scary stories...never have been...never will be!

One of my elementary school teachers used to tell us scary stories. She would have us all sit around her on the floor in a circle and at some point in the circle would yell BOO or GOTCHA or something similar as loud as she could. Of course causing us all to jump!

My Dad used to tell me the story of half face who lived in the shed at his office building and during the winter moved inside to keep warm in the boiler room...Are you serious! Do you see why I have a problem??

Last night while driving home from the U of U basketball game I heard a tapping coming from the back of the car. I asked the boys to calm down and they informed me that they weren't making the noises.

Are you kidding me. Young mother out at night, alone with 4 young boys and it is pitch black. What could the noise be? Where can I pull over?

I turned off the radio and the heat and still the sound kept tapping!

I was definitely not pulling over onto a side street. I've heard those stories too often of crazy's hiding under the car and I've received a few too many emails about freaky men diverting you and getting you to pull over...THANKS A LOT to all of you who have sent them! WHATEVER!

I kept driving until I could find the nearest gas station and had all of the kids unload. I was for sure it was a ticking time bomb from some crazy fan at the game. We did have a BYU fan with us who had refused to cheer for Utah. I just knew that one of the Ute fans figured us out and seriously after their behavior at the last football game...It wouldn't surprise me!

The sound continued even after the car had stopped. I located where the sound was coming from and being so car smart hit the spot and yelled for it to quit tapping! Laugh all you want to but it fixed the problem...at least temporarily!

I returned home to my dark house where the rest of the night I couldn't sleep. I had let my mind get to me and every sound in the house was magnified! Every creak was a crash! I could practically hear the tapping coming from the garage that was just below me!

Morning came too soon and I loaded all of the kids in the car to head to school. After dropping off the older kids I headed to take Alex to preschool. I had almost forgotten why I was so tired and already craving a massive diet coke...and then it started again.

This time it started softly...tap,tap,tap...hardly even noticeable...tap,tap,tap. Then it started to grow louder...Tap, Tap, Tap...starting to freak me out a bit. Then louder TAp, TAp, TAp...can't hear my music very well...LOUDER...can't hear myself think...TAP,TAP,TAP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME...TAP, TAP, TAP!!

I hurried to the nearest service station where I often take my car to have the minor issues checked. I explained the problem and the man told me he would take it for a drive.

After returning he told me the car would have to be torn apart. SCARED YET? Hold on it gets scarier!!!

I left my car to be operated on. I was for sure they were going to find a hook hand or time bomb! What they found was even scarier!!!

S
C
A
R
E
D

Y
E
T
?
?
?


My heater motor was going out! WHAT? Not scary enough! You try driving without heat in the winter...still not shaking? Seriously...How about the hefty $250 bill that came along with it! AHHHHHHHHHH Now that is scary!

$250 later the tapping is gone! **Sigh** Sounds like I will be sleeping like a baby tonight!

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight after that scary story...
I'm glad you got your car fixed, though :)

The Smith Family! said...

You tell the BEST stories! I felt like I was really there;) I am glad you figured it out! You sound ALOT like Brooke and I. We think of the worste things that it could be!

geislers said...

Even though I was on the phone with you while the TAP, TAP, TAP was going on you had me freaked. LOL! Thanks a lot! LOL! Hope you sleep well.

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors