Sunday, November 2, 2008

Witchy, Witchy, Screamy, Screamy, Happy, Happy, HALLOWEENY!



Of course I would wait til after Halloween to post all of our pictures, would you expect anything less??

I have been waiting all month but didn't want to give what we were dressing up as away! Every year we have a Halloween party and costume contest and keep our costumes a secret until the very last second!!

Of course this year things got a little crazy and the Halloween party was changed to an open house, so keeping our costumes a secret for so long was SOOO not necessary...WHATEVER!

Jake and I went as Playdoh and yes I made them...don't look too closely they are anything but perfect! And don't talk to Jake about it for a while...his car has a yellow film on it that won't come off...AHHHH!
We told everyone at our ward party that a family that "plays" together stays together!!

Of course this costume couldn't have been anymore perfect for me since I HATE playdoh! I always joke that my children are all going to end up in therapy one day and it is all going to be because I didn't let them play with playdoh!

Our PTA Presidency also went as Playdoh and we carried around a sign that said PTA molding the futures of our children. How cute are we!! LOL

Andrew dressed up as a robber and only because I MADE him!! He is getting too old for dressing up but as long as he lives under my roof he has NO choice. LOL I'm already thinking how to torture him next year. I'm thinking fairy...do you think he will go for that??

Christian went as a skeleton jester however his mask never quite made it on his face for Halloween! He was darling and would have been just as happy passing out candy instead of trick or treating! I finally had to monitor him however because the candy was disappearing a little too quickly!!

Sam wanted to be a witch this year and WOW was she a witch!! I don't think I have ever seen such a darling witch in all my life! We had fun painting a web on her face and gluing spiders in her hair with Karo syrup. She didn't quite get the cackle down but don't worry she is still working on it!!

Alex wanted to be a princess and I wanted her to be a clown! I think we both won as she went as Fancy Nancy from her favorite children's book! If you don't know who Fancy Nancy is...you definitely need to check out her book at the Library. Alex fit the part perfectly and has worn the costume practically every day! She was so "POSH" a fancy word for fancy and I think she would be perfectly happy if I would let her dress in it every day.

So in Fancy Nancy's words we hope you had "stupendous" (that's fancy for great) Halloween and want you to know we love you all...because there really isn't a fancier way of saying that!

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

We had a lot of fun with you guys this weekend, thanks for the yummy food. Your kids were darling, as usual, and your costumes were very creative. The kids loved trick-or-treating with cousins, we just might have to do that again!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Liz, I love love love your costumes! The paly-do is fabulous! So cute! I'm glad you posted your pics... I've been wondering what the infamously-Halloween-crazy Heuglys were going to do!

Chelsea and Miles said...

WOW...you win for the best costume this year by far!! I loved it!! Your kids look adorable too!! SOO FUN!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors