Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spiritual Tag...


1. What is your Favorite Temple and why?-----This is a hard one...One of my favorite temples would have to be the Salt Lake Temple, where Jake and I were married 10 years ago. I also love the Jordan River Temple because this is where we had Andrew sealed to us a couple of years after we were married.


2. My favorite calling that I've had in the church--I loved being Assistant Stake Camp Director. I loved girls camp as a young woman and it was amazing to be involved with not just my ward but my whole stake.


3.Most difficult calling--I think this would be my calling right now. Secretary in the Primary. It is a lot of busy work and with a family, serving in the PTA presidency and a husband who travels a ton it sometimes can feel overwhelming. I however love being able to be with the Primary children each week. There is nothing quite like serving with the children, the spirit is so strong.


4.Favorite scripture story--My favorite story since I have been a young child is the story of King Solomon. (1 Kings 3: 16-28) In which we read about 2 women who lived in a house together and had given birth two sons within a few days of each other. During the night one of the women discovers that she had smothered her son and decides to switch her baby with the other woman's. It is King Solomon who has to decide whose baby it really is since there were no witnesses. What a wise and loving King he was.


5. Where would you like to serve a mission?--I would love to serve a mission in South Africa..Jake served his mission there and I would love to be able to return there with him one day..What better way to return than by serving the Lord.


6.When did you know the Gospel was true?--I gained my testimony at girls camp one year. The spirit is so strong there. My testimony has been further strengthened with the birth of each of my children and church callings. It seems it is at these times I rely so much on my Heavenly Father and feel so close to him


7.Who has been a spiritual giant in your life?--I have been very lucky in my life to have many righteous examples. I come from a very active family with parents who love the lord as well as my older brother and younger sister.

My Grandma Jolley would have to be one of those women who truly stands out in my mind. She is such an amazing woman who even though she has been a widow since she was quite young and can barely walk or even see still serves the lord by doing her visiting teaching each month and still serves in various church callings (she was a beehives advisor when she was in her late 70's) She is always bearing her testimony to others especially her children and grandchildren. She truly is an amazing daughter of God.


I tag: Renee, Courtney, Chelsea, Brooke and anyone else who would like to play along. Just copy and post it on your blog...

1 comment:

Sue said...

This was sooo cool..I see the many sides of you all the time..But these tender spiritual feelings tell alot about you..

Thanx for doing this.I learned even more about you that I didn't know..

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors