Thursday, September 25, 2008

Here's what's cooking at the Heugly's...

With the weather now turning colder and our lives starting to slow down, I have decided it is time for me to get back to being a better wife and mother!

Summer at our house is crazy and football season is even crazier!! Too often we are at football or lacrosse practice and end up eating PB & J's or what ever is convenient to throw together or let's just be honest here...drive through! At least I'm being honest!!

Not only are our afternoons crazy but too often so are our mornings. Andrew has school earlier than Christian and Sammie which at our house means 2 breakfasts.

Last week Andrew informed me that he got sick in Math class because he was so hungry! I asked him what period Math was and he told me FIRST! Are you kidding me??? He hasn't been eating breakfast because he is in too much of a hurry to get to school. He is so NAUGHTY!

I am proud of him for taking school so seriously but you know what they say about breakfast being the most important meal of the day.

This morning I made a very yummy nutritious and yes even low fat breakfast for the kids and thought it was worth sharing.

Breakfast Pizzas
(WW points 3)

1 can (7.5 oz) refrigerated biscuit dough

( I used Pillsbury and each biscuit was 100 calories. Do not use the GRAND ones)

1 cup egg substitute

3 slices low fat deli ham

chopped red bell pepper

reduced fat cheese

(o.k. now let's be honest...I have never found a reduced fat cheese I like...too rubbery! I used regular cheese and just used it sparingly!)

Preheat oven to 350

Place biscuit dough on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Press dough to flatten. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

While dough is baking cook egg substitute ( I promise your children won't even know...It tastes just like scrambled eggs)

Remove baking sheet from oven and flatten crusts.

Top each crust evenly with egg, ham, bell pepper and a little cheese.

Bake and additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts!

ENJOY!

Christian loved the pizzas and even ate 2 of them! Where is Andrew you ask? Of course he couldn't wait the extra 5 minutes so he ate a bowl of oatmeal and a biscuit. I guess he will be having one for an after school snack!


Sammie wasn't quite sure! She thought I had put tomatoes on hers and she HATES tomatoes! Loves salsa hates tomatoes...go figure! After this darling picture she told me that "Hah I didn't even take a bite!" WHATEVER SAMMIE! She ended up eating the whole thing one item at a time...first the cheese...then the ham...you get the picture!

2 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Hey Liz, I picked up the stuff to make these this week. Yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Ok, I made them and they were a HUGE hit!! Mostly with Andy and I... Fischer is on a strict PB&J ONLY diet. I hope he can grow on that stuff!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors