Once a month Christian's 4th grade teacher has a mother come to class for 45 minutes to be Mrs. Fun. Today was my turn at being Mrs. Fun and of course I had to recruit my good friend Renee, whose real name is Renee -Mrs. Fun- Cundick!
The teacher told us that we could do anything we wanted and we decided to do just that!
My Sister Katie gave us the idea for puffed up paint which She found on http://flipflopsandapplesauce.blogspot.com/.
Ingredients:4 Tablespoons self-rising flour4 Tablespoons salt water food coloring. Addwater while mixing flour and salt together until paint is a thin paste.Divide mixture into small cups.Add different colors of food coloring to each cup and mix.
Use Q-tips to apply the paint to card stock or thick paper. Pop the finished project in the microwave for about 30 seconds. The paint gets puffy and hardens as it cools.
A microwave you're asking...Yes we even packed up the microwave!!
We made six colors and even found neon food coloring at the store which made the most vibrant colors!! They looked so yummy...WARNING...Do not eat...That means you too Renee! The paint looks just like frosting and when it is all over your fingers it is hard to remember not to lick it...YUCK! Hey though I just had a thought, and Yes it is fun...I'm thinking... April Fool's Day and Sugar cookies with this yummy "delicious" colorful frosting...Just a thought...told you I was "FUN"ny
Check out what some of the kids did...
Notice the absence of children in the pictures...
We were just having way too much "FUN" to remember to take pictures!
This was quite the hit and not only did the kids love it but so did the teacher! Would you believe me if I told you it wasn't even that messy??? It wasn't I promise!!









1 comment:
I had so much fun yesterday, thanks for helping me become Mrs. "Fun" Cundick *LOL*
Post a Comment