With Summer almost over I have been feeling like a slacker Mom. What did we do this summer? Did we do enough? Did I enjoy having my children home or was I just a mean ornery Mom?
Of course I am now going mach 90 trying to make the last two weeks as memorable as I can...WHATEVER!
Swimming and parks and picnics and lots of Summer fun. So much fun you would think it would just exhaust the kids...You would think anyway!!
Tonight I came home after a little alone time and of course found all four children wide awake...Of course! Don't they know it is past their bed time? Don't they know that school is about to start? Isn't all this fun wearing them out?
After the third time of tucking Alex into bed I threatened "NO MORE FUN". I informed her that if she got out of bed one more time she would not be going to see the movie tomorrow afternoon. (More last minute Summer fun...heaven forbid we just stay home!)
I was expecting her to jump right into bed but instead she started rambling about the movie she had watched earlier with Sammie. She went on and on about how scary it was and about something with one eye, and a lot of other gibberish that hardly made any sense. She then opened her eyes as wide as they could open and said...."but you can't watch it...You're too young"
As least somebody thinks I am!!
(For all of you who are panicking at this moment wondering what movie my daughter was watching, and what kind of mother I am for letting her watch it...It was Disney's Black Cauldron. Seriously give me some credit!)










No comments:
Post a Comment