Last week while I was at book club, a bunch of us were talking about an experience that happened to my friend Renee. A couple of years ago she was in her mud/laundry room with the door shut. She started to not feel well and grabbed her phone. She was so disoriented that all she could do was hit redial. Just by chance the last person she had called was her children's pediatrician. She did not make must sense and it worried her pediatrician's office who called 911. By the time the fire department had arrived she was passed out. She was sent to the hospital where she had to stay for quite a few hours to recover.
Her heater in her laundry room as well as her dryer were leaking gas.
How could this happen? How did she not know? Her friend and neighbor had been to her house many times and told her she thought she smelled gas. She also always had a headache when she would leave her home.
A couple of weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink. When I went downstairs I thought I smelled gas and woke up Jake to check it out. He told me I was smelling things and to go back to bed...I think he also muttered something like "Thanks for waking me up!" Seriously men and their sleep!
Last week after returning from visiting Grandparents I smelled gas again. This time it was much stronger. We called Questar and they told us to evacuate the house immediately! So at 9:00 p.m. we put the kids in the car and left the house. Of course after a couple of minutes and about 1,000 tears realized we needed to also take the animals. So at 9:00 with 4 children, 2 dogs a very upset cat and a massive headache we headed to Grandmas.
The Questar man found 2 small gas leaks and 1 unsafe furnace. Our furnace (that believe it or not is only 3 years old) was installed wrong and is unsafe. The Questar man mentioned something about a fan and carbon monoxide. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I guess I should have installed the carbon monoxide detector that hasn't made it out of the box it was packed into since our last move. He turned off our gas and marked our house as unsafe! GOTTA LOVE THAT!
Thank heavens everyone is o.k. and everything should be good to go later this week. I just hope my kids don't mind cold showers...good thing it's Summer!
15 years ago









2 comments:
Ok, since you had that issue with your gas. I swear I am now smelling it. Actually I think I am just crazy. Thanks for freaking me out about leaking gas. Hey, maybe its just Jared? LOL!
Ok, now I really look like an idot *lol* seriously did you have to use my real name?? What happened to protecting the innocent?? All joking aside, I am SO glad you are all ok. BTW, I still have the "gas" tag on my heater in my mudroom just as a reminder to count my blessings. Love ya!!
Post a Comment