I am thirty years old now and some days I wonder who I really am. I know I am a wife with an amazing husband. I am a mother of 4 beautiful children who I absolutely love...yes even the crazy moments. But still I am left wondering some days who I really am. There have been times I thought I was a gourmet chef...but let's be honest how gourmet is mac and cheese!?! There were times I thought I was an artist...but then all I can draw is a stick figure! I have even been a nurse...o.k. I have never been to school to be one but I think kissing a boo boo and mending a broken heart kind of counts! Seriously work with me here!
My children however know exactly who they are and what they want to be!
Andrew is going to be a brain surgeon...at this point I think it is the money that is pulling him in that direction...I'm not quite sure how he will deal with the blood! LOL
Christian is going to be an artist or a pilot...some days he's even going to be both!

Sammie is going to be a professional soccer player (she's never even played) and now has added a professional golfer...I have to say she's pretty good and her new pink clubs are adorable! We also can't forget mother...from the time she could talk she has always said she wants to be a mommy.

Alex on the other hand wants to be...well it changes from day to day. Last week she was Amber in Hairspray and even decided she would be penny. This past week while watching the Hannah Montana concert she decided to be Hannah...or maybe it was Miley, I can't keep those two straight! Now today she wants to be a cheetah girl, not just anyone of the three but the pink one!




Yesterday however she told me she was a Child of God. I heard her singing in her room while playing with her dolls and decided to listen in. She knows almost all of the words to the song and when I asked her what she was singing she told me "Child of God." I asked her if she was a child of God which she then replied..."YEAH SURE" Which is her way of saying YES.

It is always amazing to me that even when they are very young our children can teach or remind us of some of life's simplest lessons. I may not be a gourmet chef or a nurse and heaven knows I am not Picasso but I am a child of God.
Teach a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” —Proverbs 22:6









2 comments:
Our children are amazing and if we stop for a minute they WILL teach us something...ever hear "out of the mouths of babes"??? I love ALL of your children, They are all very special in their own way!! Today when I called I was on speaker and I heard Alex yelling in the back ground over and over "Hi Nae, love you" That made my day :) I don't miss not having a little girl of my own because I have Alex and other sweet little girls that love me ;)
Your kids are so great, I have no doubt that they will achieve all the goals they set for themselves. If Alex wants to be pink cheetah girl, I'm convinced she will find a way :) Thanks for the great post - I LOVE that last picture, it's one of my favorites of Christ.
Post a Comment