Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's More American Than...


AMERICAN IDOL

Last night was the American Idol concert and Jake and I took Andrew, Christian and Sammie. What a BLAST!! My only regret was not taking Alex...I'm sure she would have been dancing in the aisles. So here's a little run down of last nights show...Our top 10 favorite memories!!!


Chikezie-This guy can sing! He sang three songs and one of them was by Usher! Any of you who know Jake, know he loves Usher and so you can only imagine. I think the kids might have been a little embarrassed! LOL



Ramiele- O.K. so maybe I should add this to my top 10 LEAST favorite moments! Poor girl, who told her black leggings and a purple star shirt were cute!?! Not to mention her silly dance moves to her Jackson 5 song! Jake went to get snacks during her performance if that is any indication. You could tell she was nervous...poor thing! Anyway as bad as I would say she was, she can sing better than me so who am I to judge!!!



Michael Johns-I just have one word to sum up his performance...AMAZING!! How come he was voted off so soon?? He is super HOT...(can I say that), and has an unbelievable voice. He performed a couple of the songs he sang while on American Idol and the crowd loved him. Tears and screams...can we say desperate, however if Jake wasn't there who knows what might have happened!


Kristy Lee- Not one of my favorites while on the show but she was darling. I think I am going to start calling Alex Kristy...wow can they both shake their hips! She sang Proud to be an American and I actually got goose bumps.

Carly- What a voice! I think she could have performed without a mike and we still would have all heard her. I'm not sure about her gloves...they covered only four of her finger tips, is this a new trend? Am I missing something??


Brooke- What a sweetheart! She thanked Utah for all of their support and started her performance by saying "THIS IS THE PLACE". Once again why was she voted off so soon!?!


Jason- Again not one of my favorites while on the show but he was darling. He knows how to work the audience and I am sure there were a couple season 6 sanjaya moments in the audience!


Syesha- O.K. all I am going to say is LEGS,LEGS, LEGS! What I wouldn't give to have a pair like hers...WHATEVER...maybe in my next life! Not to mention a couple other things I think she had fixed during her time off! Let's just say the sister's weren't going anywhere. Oh did I also mention she has an unbelievable voice!?!
David Archuleta- The reason I am sure many, including myself went to this concert. What a cutie. He could barely talk let alone sing with all of the cheering. He even got choked up while singing and thanking Utah for all their support. This kid is definitely going to make it! What talent not to mention you just want to squeeze his cute little cheeks! We could have listened to him for hours. He sang the One Republic song Apologize and since I am quite a One Republic fan I think I can say...David is better!
David Cook- Talent, Talent, Talent! No wonder this guy won! Even though I was pulling for Archuleta I knew Cook would win! He is absolutely Amazing and so good with the audience...once again tears...where do these girls come from!
What a fun night! My kids were on cloud 9 including Jake, who couldn't quit singing even after his head hit the pillow! So here's looking forward to season 8!!




7 comments:

Sue said...

I went to the show last year and loved it...But couldn't make it this year..Soo.Thanks for sharing..I love hearing the breakdown from you..I know that you didn't miss a thing...Sounds like you had a blast.. ( a word from the 80's)

Joe and Marci said...

I'm a little jealous, we were thinking about you all night! I'm glad you guys had a good time - it's fun to see in person the singers you come to love over the season.
Thanks for the very informative post :)

The Heugly 8 said...

Michael said he saw you guys there, when he was getting stuff w/jeanie and Jim. I was sorry I missed you. It was such an awesome concert,I'm sorry Justin had to miss it. jeanie and I screamed so loud we gave ourselves a headache:)
I'm glad you had fun, cute blog!

-Cindy

The Cundick Family said...

We had a blast at the concert too...the boys had so much fun that they wanted to go both nights :) The highlight was seeing Archie but they all did a great job. It was fun to see to across the arena. See you next week....Love ya!!!

The Cundick Family said...

Oh and we loved loved Michaal Johns.....he is awesome!!!

Lance and Becky said...

How fun! I wish we would've gone, what a blast!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

So fun! Bravo to you for being upfront about your Idol obsession. I'm a closet fan!!!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors