An odd thing happened when I looked in the mirror, still half asleep and desperate for that first coke zero...I saw it...them. Overnight, a part of my face decided to revisit puberty, presenting me with quite a few zits! Great — the perfect accessory for the outfit I'd picked out for today!! And just like a high-schooler, I'll be worrying about it all day, let's be honest probably all week! It's amazing how certain things can bring us right back to our adolescence. Mostly, though, this thirty year old body (which I am still trying to get used to) is getting glimpses of the future. Let me tell you... it isn't pretty. I'm more forgetful than ever, I often wake up with aches and stiffness (without even having the pleasure of doing something to create those pains) and let's not forget the wrinkling and sagging that is just beginning to take place. Give me a few years and I might as well be an elephant!
So would I want to go back in time, back to my youth? Certainly not my teen years — once was enough! I had some wonderful times in my 20s but then again also had some challenges.
Truth be told, I like myself so much better now (except, of course, the monthly breakouts (enough already), sagging, cellulite (oh don't pretend you don't know what that is) Dora brain and so on.)
People often say they'd like to go back in time. Knowing what I know now, I think we'd still make mistakes, just different ones.Would you want to go back in time, 5, 10, 15 years? Why?Would it be to relive your life as it was, or would you want an entirely different life?
I am so happy with my life. Yes there are still the occasional bumps in the road and unexpected turns but isn't that what makes the road of life so interesting. If I knew every turn and pit stop would I enjoy my life as much as I do? I don't think so. So here's to the unexpected (even the occassional...o.k. weekly breakouts)! Here's to life...We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them....William Arthur Ward. I guess I should just start playing connect the dots.










4 comments:
*LOL*I am totally stealing this...you don't mind do you? You are so funny and put into words what I too think sometimes.
I played connect the dots at the Dr. yesterday..I didn't have zits(which I would welcome) I had some kind of red growths..O.k. I said I can deal with this..He ended up freezing about 7 little "whatevers" on my face..The good news--The dr. said for a woman my age I should have lots more of these..What the??
Liz, it doesn't get better..You just care less..
Liz, you are hilarious. I totally agree with you. There must needs be opposition in all things. If we went back in time it would be to eliminate some of that opposition. I agree,it's the opposition that helps us grow. If I remember correctly it was someone elses plan to have no opposition. Thanks for the reminder
Love Justin
I was looking in the mirror the other day... and unknowingly taught Fischer the meaning of "pizza face"! So... I guess I'm saying... Welcome to the club, Liz!!!!
Post a Comment