Monday, June 9, 2008

Good Fun, Good Food and Great Friends...

With School finally out and the kids already telling me they are bored, Jake and I decided to wipe them out this weekend and that is what we did!

This last weekend was the very last lacrosse games for both Andrew and Christian. What a great season!!
Andrew's team did not win their last game but he didn't let this bother him. He has had a great time this year and has scored quite a few goals. He loves lacrosse and tells everyone that this is one of his favorite sports and can't wait to play again next spring. He has decided to tackle football once again this fall and we are definitely looking forward to that.

Christians team did awesome as well! They won their last game and Christian came very close to scoring!! He too has had a great time playing lacrosse and looks forward to next spring!!

If having a Lacrosse banquet and playing Lacrosse wasn't enough to make the boys tired we decided to hit the alpine slide. Christians game was up in Park City and since we were already up there we decided to have a little fun! Seriously would you expect anything less of the Heugly's?!? We joined our friends the Cundick's and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then headed over to the alpine slide. Yes it was freezing and of course Christian forgot to bring his sweatshirt...like I didn't expect that to happen...with 4 kids you are always forgetting or losing something!! WHATEVER!! So $40 and one very cute park city sweat shirt later we were on our way down the mountain. Christian, Sammie and her friend Ansleigh seemed to make it down pretty fast and then there came Drew! He wins the prize for the slowest in the bunch!! Our friend Ryan and sammies best friend Ayden caught up to him and slowly followed him down! Come on Drew pick up the pace!!

Next came the Alpine coaster. This is the new ride next to the slide, and if I can just say...it kicks the slides butt! It was a blast! It literally is a roller coaster down the mountain and is worth every penny...or should I say dollar!!

At this point we were exhausted. We had all eaten a little too much salsa, gone on too many rides and had just a little too much hot chocolate. I seriously thought I was going to fall asleep driving home but yet we still were not done!! OH NO!! When the Heugly's have fun...the Heugly's have fun!! We then met up with our friends Sam and Melissa to go see Kung Fu Panda!! What a darling movie...o.k. at least the parts I saw. Yes I did fall asleep!! Seriously did you not just read about our day! I told you it was a miracle I made it down the mountain...there can only be so many miracles performed in a day!

What a blast it really was Good Fun, Good Food and Great Friends! Now I just hope I don't hear "I'm bored" for at least a couple of days...SERIOUSLY!

1 comment:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Everytime I pass a sporting event, I think of you and your boys.

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors