Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life Is Good...




After about the 3rd phone call wondering if everything was o.k. at the Heugly's (thank you to all of you who were concerned) I decided it was time to get back on the computer and post!
No there isn't anything wrong, we are all o.k.! I just haven't felt like I really had anything to blog about...o.k. I have been a slacker...I know! The truth is this...I pride myself on having it together and to be honest lately I haven't!! I feel like I am running around like a mad woman! A friend of ours said "Every time I call you say you are cleaning", this is true I am constantly dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing and yet if you come to my house...it looks like a tornado hit...except for today...I payed someone to clean today! SERIOUSLY! Today would be a good day to stop by...tomorrow might be a different story!
So besides cleaning I haven't felt like much is going on...until I sit down and start to type... a lot has happened in a week and because life has been crazy I haven't taken the time to write it all down...yes this is why I started blogging...don't rub it in...I know!
So here are all the things I should have blogged about but didn't!
* Weighty Wednesday!- Let's just be honest here...right now I just don't care! I mean I do but with life so crazy the thought of stepping on the scale terrifies me!! I promise I am still working on this never ending battle but I am just taking a moment to breathe...have a bajio salad (wow I wonder how many points they have) and catch my breath! I promise to update you soon! Good or bad I will let you know!
* Laundry- so this is another reason I haven't been able to weigh myself! I can't find my scale under all of my mounds of laundry! Seriously I hate laundry, who honestly enjoys this job?!? NO don't tell me in the comments you do...it might ruin our friendship! LOL I wish I had a laundry fairy who would wash, fold, iron and put away and don't forget folding the socks...socks have to be worse than laundry!! Thank heavens summer is here and we can all wear sandals!
* Blog class- My mother in law asked me to help her with an enrichment night. She wanted me to talk about blogging...first I am no expert, second I am no expert and third...you get the idea! Not many people showed and honestly this was a good thing...at least for me! Everything seemed to be going well when I decided to show them how to find pictures on Google. Jake had set up a laptop so everything I was doing showed on the rather large flat screen T.V. hanging on the wall! I clicked on Google and went to images and asked them what we should look up. They suggested Macaroni and Cheese...harmless right? NO...try again! Right there on the big screen t.v. sat mixed in with all of the pictures of macaroni a woman, topless holding a box of mac and cheese in both hands...Seriously I am not kidding! Who takes pictures like that?? Can we say embarrassing!!!
*Lacrosse- My boys have discovered there new favorite sport! I have discovered that it is my new favorite sport as well! If you haven't watched a lacrosse game you are missing out and if you haven't seen one of Andrew's or Christian's well then you need to! What a blast! Andrew scored twice at his last game against Bingham and I missed it because I was watching Christian's team play. They had a double header and won both games against Judge and Juan Diego. Of course I took my camera and realized the batteries were dead. I called my friend Renee who came to the rescue and then I realized I left the memory card at home in the printer! You have got to be kidding me! Thank heavens we are paying someone to record the games so we can relive every second! We'll have you over...I'll pop popcorn!
*Dance Recital- Sammie had her dance recital on Saturday and of course I forgot my camera! I was fussing with her hair...which can I say was gorgeous and ran out of the house without it! Good thing Grandpa remembered his! I will have to post pictures as soon as I get them from Grandpa! Way to go Sammie! She has been working so hard and did an amazing job! We also got her dance concert on film and I just had an idea! Heugly house, lacrosse games, dance recital, popcorn and of course coke zero...are you game!?! I'm serious, be expecting an invite!

* Alex's dance recital- o.k. so no Alex isn't in dance but she might as well be! She put on her own little show during Sammie's recital. She has got some moves!! She had everyone around us laughing!! I can only imagine what she will be like in a couple of years! This could be SCARY!! She will be the one on stage that is doing her own little dance and then refuses to leave the stage!! Trust me it will happen!!
*Cousins to play- So I had this great idea... invite the cousins over to give mom a break! My sister in law is going to pop any second...o.k. I'm sorry Marci, I know you hate when people say that...but it's true. She is due any second and can I just say she looks amazing! If I looked that cute when I was that uncomfortable and miserable I would've have a dozen! I had this great idea to have the kids over for a play date so Marci could have a pedicure but instead she went to kindergarten testing and came back for a chat. I did however love spending time with her and my cute nieces and nephew and am so excited to meet the newest addition to the Heugly family. I do know one thing for sure...he will be cute...all of Marci's babies are darling!
So as you can all see the Heugly's are good...life is good! We are happy, busy and enjoying life! I promise to post pictures as soon as possible! Love you all...and now that things have been all cleared up... I am headed to do more laundry...WHATEVER!

4 comments:

The Cundick Family said...

Can I just say "it's about time" I have been checking your blog 2 times a day anxiously waiting to read your uncanny humorous remarks about boring every day life tasks. Just so you know I am feeling very frazzled too lately and you know that I hate hate hate laundry too! Can't we just hire a "laundry slave" ok I take that back a "laundry helper" (that sounds better...right?) just so we can keep up? I feel so disconnected when you don't blog so please don't go and entire week without blogging again....I know we talk on the phone several times a day but somehow it's just not the same...I know I'm weird. I love ya!

Joe and Marci said...

Liz, can I tell you how much I love you!! I needed my Liz blogging fix and I got it :)

Thank you, thank you for letting my kids hang out, now that summer is here (practically) we have to get together more often.

As for laundry, don't get me started. Let's just say, someone forgot to take the pull-up out of his pants before I washed them and it took three more washes to get all the little white pieces off all the clothes. Ew.

Brittany said...

This is SO off the subject but will you please tell Jake how much I cannot get over his pegged jeans in the fam portrait on sue's blog?!!! I have always loved that pic, but i never noticed his pants! Classic!

Lance and Becky said...

I love your post, it's so true about cleaning...it just doesn't seem like it's ever clean! I beg to differ about your house though...I know it would put my house to shame! I hear ya with the battle...I'm running my butt off (literally) and I HATE the scale...it doesn't like to give me a nice number!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors