Sunday, April 13, 2008

That our children may know...


So it is 11 o'clock at night and it is finally quiet. The morning started at 2:30 a.m. with Alex crying for her daddy and pretty much continued til just about an hour ago. It has been one of those days from start to finish and if I can be completely honest not one of my proudest days as a mom. Can I just say FREAK OUT! I don't do well on little sleep and definately woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

It was one of those mornings where I just didn't want to do anything. Alex didn't sleep well and waking up was something I wasn't looking forward to. Andrew had a scripture breakfast with the young men and I am embarassed to admit...I don't know how to tie a tie! Seriously what Mother of boys doesn't know how to tie a tie??? I DON'T! Jake has tried many times to teach Andrew but we are still struggling!! Good thing I have a great Brother in Law who lives around the corner! Andrew made it and looked very handsome. He is getting so old and I am so proud of what a sweet young man he is becoming.

We made it to church on time (a miracle I know) and the wrestling continued. Today was not one of Alex's best days at church, let's just say coloring on the floor with crayon and smooshing cheese into the chairs. She is such a cutie! I was so happy when it was finally time for nursery, I think both of us needed a little break.

A break however is not exactly what I got. I think some of my girls had a couple of candybars for breakfast. They are usually pretty good but today some of them were actually doing cartwheels in class and one of my girls even hid my manual! Seriously am I that bad of a teacher? I try to make my lessons fun and interesting but I think they all had a little bit of spring fever!


As you can see my day has been a little chaotic and exhausting, and as I mentioned earlier not one of my proudest days as a mother. Thank heavens my children are so forgiving!

I considered not even blogging today because to be honest I have had a little black cloud over my head all day. That was until I went to the fridge to get something to eat. YES I am eating again...today has not been the best remember! Anyway on my fridge hangs a quote that my visiting teacher gave me. "In today's world, children will need not only a devoted mother and father, but they will need each of us to protect, teach and love them...Personal obedience and example in every part of our lives are the ultimate gospel lessons for children. So study learn and apply the gospel." Margaret Lifferth, 1st counselor Primary General Presidency


I awoke this morning on the wrong side of the bed and to be honest didn't feel like going to church. I didn't want to have to call my Brother in Law to tie Andrew's tie, I didn't want to wrestle with Alex during Sacrament meeting and I didn't want to teach my lesson, but I did. I did and I can't tell you how this made this not so lovely day just a little bit brighter. It made my children's day just that much better as well. It always amazes me how my week can just be crazy and I feel overwhelmed and exhausted yet this all seems to go away while I am at church. It is always so nice to be able to have this time to reflect on my life and my family and to be reminded each week why I am doing the things I am doing. I may not be perfect and may have some "not so shining" moments as a mother but I love my children and want the very best for them.

1 comment:

The Cundick Family said...

God took a little sunshine, sprinkled it with dew...
Tore from the heavens a raindrop...
Added a star or two.
Snatched the unassuming innocence of a child...
And in an instant, created a Mother's smile.
On the canvas of the sky,
He gently dipped His brush...
With the colors taken from the rainbow,
painted a Mother's blush.
Plucked a flower ever so gently from a garden with care...
With the petals from a rose,
placed patience and understanding...
And the ability burdens to bear.
Took the stillness of the thunder,
blended it with the softness of a dove...
With precision and cunning, created a Mother's love.
With a dash of blue from the infinity of the sea,
placed in a Mother's heart, truth and humility.
Captured gold from Saturn's ring,
spun it with silver from a Shooting star...
Delicately placed it within a Mother's reach...
So for the luxury of her days,
she would not have to travel far.

And God looked at what He had made...
And He was ecstatically pleased, for in all creation there was
None as precious as these...

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors