Thursday, March 6, 2008

So with the change in the weather my mindset has really changed. I have been feeling very overwhelmed with things to do. I know it will soon be time to start pulling out the summer clothes and clean out closets and before I know it the kids will be out of school for the summer. At my house this means fun, friends and chaos. All of which I am looking forward to. However it seems that my to do list just keeps getting longer and longer, which can be a little overwhelming. Feeling this way sometimes I do the opposite of what I should be doing. Like for instance I have 4 loads of laundry to be washed and folded but instead I am blogging. Whatever right?

On the top of my list and weighing very heavy on my mind is emergency preparedness. So of course I am doing what I shouldn't and that is exactly what you think NOTHING!! I have my 50 gallon water jugs, yet they sit empty. I have my kids emergency kits, yet the clothes inside would be a couple sizes too small. Not to mention the food! I need to give myself a little credit, I am slowly working on things. My ward has an emergency preparedness woman who offers different items each month and I have been adding them to my 72 hour kits.

I know I am rambling and all just to let you know I came across this awesome websitehttp://thereadyproject.com/. It is food storage shipped monthly to your house and it actually looks pretty good. I like it because it isn't too expensive and it isn't 20 pounds of pinto beans. Seriously let's all be honest who wants to live off of that. I can only imagine what it would be like to live with Jake after that many beans. A trip to taco bell about kills me. Sorry honey I love you but you know it is true! Check it out. If it can make life a little less hectic and help you rest a little easier it's worth it.

2 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

At least you have some stuff...I need to get my butt in gear man, not just with food storage, I have a ton of weight to loose, and I just need to do it...but I'm blogging instead :)

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

Thanks for the website, i definitely need to think about this!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors