Are we noticing a pattern here? First the Utah Olympic luge team and now the National Guard, what's next the Circus!?! j/k
It was bosses day for Jakes employee Rhett Rampton who is also employed by the National Guard. Rhett invited Jake for a once in a lifetime opportunity, to visit the National Guard and fly in a Black Hawk helicopter. He was also given the opportunity to go to the firing range of the Apache helicopters. The National Guard in the past has only allowed Governors and dignitaries to do this. Jake was given the royal treatment. He was able to fly in an black hawk helicopter, meet the Colonel and the Lieutenant Colonel who is over all army aviation within Utah. They flew him 30 minutes to the gunnery range where he was able to watch the Apache helicopters fire missiles and 30 millimeter cannons at targets on the ground. The targets they shot at were diesels, bulldozers and other heavy metal equipment. The highlight of Jakes day was being introduced to MRE's (meals ready to eat). He didn't think they were too bad. Sound's awful to me! I hope Jake liking them isn't a reflection on my cooking! Whatever!
What an amazing experience this must have been. I do have to say I am quite jealous! Jake can not quit talking about what an awesome experience this was. It is no wonder to me why these men were chosen to serve and protect our country. Thank you Rhett for giving Jake this opportunity. It is one he will never forget! A shout out to all of those who are a part of Rhett's Bravo Company.









2 comments:
This was a blast! I am glad we were able to go. Jon Baker
Looks like you had a great time Jake. I am noticing a pattern too...Every adventure gets more dangerous??? Early midlife crisis J/K.
Post a Comment