
As many of you know I am training to run the Salt Lake City Marathon. Today was my 18 mile run and I can officially say I DID IT!!
All of you who read my blog regularly (and thank you to those of you who do) know that a couple of weeks a go I ran 15 miles and it about killed me. I knew the first couple of miles that I was going to have a hard time and I really struggled to finish. Today was a completely different story. I have decided that for me running is more mental than physical. Like most things in life it is the decision to do something that is the hardest but when you finally do it you realize it wasn't that bad. I decided when I woke up this morning I was going to enjoy today, have a positive attitude and take it one step at a time. I finished in just under 4 hours, including a rather out of the way bathroom break (which was much needed)! For me this was quite an accomplishment. I am a first time runner and this will be my first marathon. I like to tell those I train with, I am not trying to over achieve just achieve!
I am really on cloud 9 right now and feel better than I have in weeks. I know today that I can do this!! Of course however not alone. I have the most awesome running buddies who keep me going and make the training bearable. Thanks Lisa and Kristy, for sticking with me. I hope they feel the same about me, I know I am the one who does most of the talking! I think they know way too much about me!!! SCARY!! I have the most amazing husband and children who tell me they are so proud of me and act so impressed when I tell them every detail of my morning. I know they have given up a lot having mom gone on Saturday mornings and I appreciate them more than they will ever know. Of course there are also my amazing friends who help me way more than they probably want to. Helping me with my kids so I can train on weekdays, being a shoulder to cry on when I am having a bad week and bringing me ice. Yes you heard that right, ICE! You all know I am a fan of the ice bath and when I returned home today there were 3 bags of ice left on my porch. Thank you Leann and Paul for coming to my rescue! I am telling you it was a life saver or should I say ICE SAVER!!! LOL come on now that had to at least make you giggle a little!!
So 8.2 more miles to go! I will have to keep you updated. I will be running 20 miles in a couple of weeks! Hey though what's 2 more miles???
15 years ago









1 comment:
Liz, you definitely beat me at the blogging...i had started and then was interrupted. Anyway, thanks for sticking with me today! you are such a good friend and it made me feel really good to be able to keep up most of the time! PS I thought of you while I was in my icebath!
Post a Comment