So it's official. I just tried my first ice bath and it wasn't too bad!
As many of you know I am training with a group to run the Salt Lake Marathon. Today was our 15 mile run and to be honest it was quite tough. It was the first time since I have started that I actually questioned if I am going to be able to finish. If you have a hard time running 15 then how are you going to make 26.2?!? I guess this is common and happens to many people in my situation. It didn't help that todays route was quite tedious. We ran 3.5 miles out and back and then out and back again. That's only 14 miles you say well... then we had to run 0.5 miles out and back again. I wasn't a fan of this run and am glad it is over with!
So instead of being onery I decided to try what everyone has been telling me to try... Ice Baths. This is where you fill your tub with cool water and just when your body starts to adjust you dump in bags of ice. I used 2 hence my silly picture. I thought it was better than the alternative which trust me is NOT PRETTY!! I am hoping this will help with the aches that usually come, because come Monday it's back to training again.
I know I may sound a bit down but truly I am enjoying every moment(good and bad) of this experience. To learn more about what I am doing please visit my webpage at www.active/donate/tntdms/lizheugly
15 years ago









1 comment:
Good for you! I'm trying to get back in shape myself, but I'm not even close to running 15 miles! I have never done the ice bath, props to ya! You can totally run the marathon, you'll do great!
Post a Comment