On the fifth date of Christmas the Heugly's spent together... giving service and having breakfast with Dear old St. Nick!




This year our ward didn't have the traditional breakfast with Santa. They still had the yummy pancakes, sausage, eggs and hot chocolate but added something a little different this year. We not only got to enjoy a yummy breakfast but we also did a ward service project. We assembled food kits for children for the food bank. The thought that Children don't have food in their homes is sickening to me. I am often found at the pantry door staring mindlessly at the boxes of goodies and snacks not quite sure what I feel like eating at that moment. I can't imagine staring into an empty pantry or fridge, yet many children in Utah do. Many Children in Utah receive only the food given to them at their public school and when the weekend hits they are left with empty tummys. This truly blows my mind...I am an adult and trust me when my tummy feels empty you don't want to be around...can we just say moody!!
This year our ward didn't have the traditional breakfast with Santa. They still had the yummy pancakes, sausage, eggs and hot chocolate but added something a little different this year. We not only got to enjoy a yummy breakfast but we also did a ward service project. We assembled food kits for children for the food bank. The thought that Children don't have food in their homes is sickening to me. I am often found at the pantry door staring mindlessly at the boxes of goodies and snacks not quite sure what I feel like eating at that moment. I can't imagine staring into an empty pantry or fridge, yet many children in Utah do. Many Children in Utah receive only the food given to them at their public school and when the weekend hits they are left with empty tummys. This truly blows my mind...I am an adult and trust me when my tummy feels empty you don't want to be around...can we just say moody!!
Our ward worked with the food bank this year gathering food the whole month of November. Last Saturday we gathered for a yummy breakfast and then assembled kits for the children to take home with them on the weekend.
It was a great reminder to our family of how truly blessed we are!










1 comment:
our ward did this same service project! It was humbling and a good activity!
Post a Comment