I love the smells at Christmas time. Cinnamon and Hot Chocolate, the smell of snow and logs burning in the fireplace and my very favorite Christmas potpourri simmering on the stove.
This morning however I woke up to something burning. I entered the hallways and immediately smelled something AWFUL! Not exactly what I would like my house to smell like...WHATEVER!
It took a second for me to figure out where it was coming from...and then I remembered!
I left my Christmas potpourri cooking on the stove all night long!
Seriously how am I going to clean this pan!!
Christmas Potpourri
1 orange
1 lemon
1/4 cup of whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves (optional)
Cut orange and lemon and squeeze juice into the pan. Put orange and lemon halves in the pan. Add cloves, cinnamon sticks and bay leaves in pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low!
Now here's the most important part...KEEP ADDING WATER!!









3 comments:
I love this stuff! I usually do this as our neighbor gifts! Haven't gotten around to it this year! I'm sure it smells a little different "smoked"!
That is why I stick to my Scentsy Candle. If I forget no biggie! Good thing nothing else happened! However, your house did smell good last night.
Hey liz, sorry about book club! As you read I was in a state of disaray! I should have called... but I was to busy wallowing in my crummy day!
Anyway, I'll pick up the book, thanks for including me.
I'm loving this recipe, I can't wait to try it. After all the snow and wetness, our house smells a bit like wet dog! OH - and I love twwells idea to give it as neighbor gifts... I may just have to steal that one!
Post a Comment