Sunday, June 29, 2008

Getaways...






With Summer now here, we have been in major need of a little getaway...



With the temperature outside rising and the temperature inside the house rising too, you can only imagine what has been happening at the Heugly house!?!


For the past couple of weeks the children have been moody and if I can be honest so have I! We have been in major need of a little getaway...a vacay if you will! That is just what we all did...




Andrew was invited to go to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and at first I was a little hesitant. I have never let Andrew do this before and as a very over protective mother was very nervous. I knew it was time I let him and am glad I did. He left Tuesday night and returned Sunday. He had a blast and text messaged every exciting moment to me...He ate his first buffalo burger, stayed at the Yellowstone Lodge, went white water rafting, saw a bear and we can't forget Old Faithful...I even got an attached picture for this one. He returned home sweaty, tired and with souvenirs for all of the kids...what a sweet big brother.




Christian, Sammie and Alex all got to stay at their cousins house. You would have thought they were going to Disneyland!! They made a count down calendar and every morning, every afternoon and every night asked me "How many more days, til we go to Tommy's and Lauren's?" I thought they would be sad that Mom and Dad were leaving but I was totally wrong on that one. When we returned home they didn't even want to leave, however I am sure my Sister in Law was very happy we finally arrived! Thank you Steffanie!!


We asked Steff and R.L. a couple of months ago to watch the children and a lot has happened at their house in those 2 months. R.L. was just put in as the Bishop of their ward and has been very busy!! Last minute he had to go up to girls camp meaning Steffanie was left home with all 6 children and NO CAR!! Instead of pulling out her hair, she planned a party where the kids informed me they got to eat popcorn and chocolate chips...two of my favorite snacks!!



Jake and I planned a little getaway with two of our friends Jared and Courtney. The guys golfed, and the girls relaxed! Just what I needed! We also swam, ate WAY TOO MUCH (Del taco at midnight...not a good idea Jared), lauged til our sides ached, caught a couple of shows, lauged til our sides ached some more and can you guess it...YES ATE SOME MORE!!!



We played in St. George and Las Vegas this last week, two of the best places to head when it is too hot in Salt Lake LOL! We went to "O" in Vegas and all I have to say about that show is "OH MY GOSH!!" *LOL*



I would highly recommend this show to anyone! It was truly spectacular and breath taking! It will honestly take your breath away, NO JOKE! A huge pool in the middle of the stage, acrobats flying through the air and diving at incredible heights! This is a must see!


We also went to Tuachan in St. George to see Les Miserables. This was my4th time seeing it and definitely my favorite! If you have never been to Tuachan you must, must, must go! The stage was amazing and they actually used the mountain as part of the play. They shot off fireworks and cannons (which Jared never quite got used to), not to mention live animals...horses, goats, dogs, ducks and yes even a pig! This was a night I will never forget! Thank you again Jared and Courtney for being such great friends...and Jared thanks for saving that cute little man with his ski poles...He was being so NAUGHTY! *LOL*


What a fun weekend! Just what the Heugly's needed... A little Getaway!

2 comments:

The Cundick Family said...

I have been waiting and waiting for this post *seriously, you have no idea* Everyone can use a little time away....I am glad you all made it home safe and sound and had a great time!! I can't wait to hear all about it...LOL *no not Laugh Out Loud but Lots of Love* ;)

Michael and Natalia said...

Liz, you don't post too many pictures of yourself and sometimes even say funny things about your looks - I think you need to give yourself some credit! Seriously. I LOVED this picture of you and Jake! You are a perfect match and both are so good-looking!!!

(I often don't have time to read the posts, but I always take a moment to stare at the pictures)

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors