
So it is official... I am OLD, or at least this is what my children think! I don't think of myself as that old, yet my children sure do. This morning over breakfast we had our normal routine chit chat. Be good at school, where are your planners, remember you need to brush your teeth, eat your breakfast...eat your breakfast (I don't think I ever had to be reminded),eat your breakfast,(yes sometimes it takes 3 times), I love you, get your socks and shoes on, you are running late etc... Well this morning the conversation changed a little, thanks to my darling children. The kids started asking me when you were young questions. Don't they know I am young!! Seriously, Whatever! "When you were little did they have Ipods?" "NO when I was little we had walkmans." "When you were little did they have Sponge Bob." "NO when I was little I watched the Smurfs, and Tom and Jerry and Alvin and the Chipmunks". "They had Alvin and the Chipmunks when you were young? WOW!" "When you were little did they have cars?" Just kidding it didn't go that far!
I think I have always thought I would never grow up, never get old. Who was I trying to kid. I have had to see the sports medicine doctor on two different occasions while training for aches and pains. I never thought my hips would hurt not to mention my knees! I swore that would never happen. I find myself wanting a nap in the middle of the day. I used to be able to go and go and go and can I say it again GO! I have to take rests while shopping or visiting Disney land because my feet hurt...Are you kidding me! I guess marrying the biggest kid of all hasn't helped much either. The older Jake gets the more crazy he becomes. I swear what 31 year old has a membership to Laser Quest?? Mine does!
So it is inevitable...I am getting older, and I am going to eventually slow down. I am not always going to be able to do the things I do as well but at least there are so many things to be thankful for. For instance I was just sitting here thinking how grateful I am that wrinkles don't hurt!
16 years ago









1 comment:
A-men!
Post a Comment