I know I have told you that since blogging my attitude towards life has changed. I am being honest. Today my friend's little boy, (let's call him "Pablo Picasso") got a hold of a sharpie marker and colored not one but 7 walls in my dining room and Jake's office. A usual reaction to this would have been a freak out and tears but I still haven't done either. I can't say the same for my friend who of course felt awful. We tried many concoctions to remove his masterpiece and finally found the one that would work. His name was Paul and he was so kind to hurry right over. He got right to work priming and painting and you can't even tell "Pablo's" art was ever there. Good thing we have evidence!
I have been thinking as to why I didn't react the way I usually would. Life for me isn't always easy. Being a mom of four darling children doesn't always go as smoothly as I would like it to. Yet I still have my beautiful children, my health, my husband, my testimony and wonderful friends. Too often these things are taken for granted and we never know when life might throw us a curve ball. This past week at church we had a fast for many people in our ward and neighborhood who are struggling. Breast cancer, chronic kidney stones, death and even my cute little sister who deals with too darling boys with so many issues (seizures to name just one) and too many doctors to count. I have so much to be grateful for and a little marker on the wall isn't even considered a bump in the road. Life is just too short to sweat the small stuff! Cherish everyday even the bad ones!
15 years ago









2 comments:
So I thought Landon's "Picasso" days were over but I was wrong! Today I found that he had displayed his "artwork" all over his bedroom walls, furniture and some chosen toys with a bright green sharpie!! I about lost it until I remembered how you handled it when he graced your walls with his "artwork" you were calm and acted like it was no big deal :) I just wanted to say thanks! We never stop learning how to be parents even from our friends and that life is to short to sweat the small stuff :)
Post a Comment