What a busy weekend, Egg hunts, family dinner, a 14 mile run and of course the annual Heugly egg contest! I am barely functioning and my house is a disaster (paint, glue and glitter everywhere), yet it was so worth it! What a fun filled weekend and I am so sad to see it come to an end.
The Heugly's have had their egg contest for over 30 years. Grandpa Shirl Heugly started it and this was my 11th year participating. I entered my first time while Jake and I were still dating, and boy were my eyes opened! For all of you who don't know the Heugly egg contest is no ordinary egg contest. Regular dye and sparkles will just not cut it! Each family member is to blow out an egg and then make it in to something. This is where the fun starts, not to mention each year the contest gets harder and harder. I am surprised at the fun and creative ideas everyone comes up with. All of my cute nieces and nephews are getting older and the competition keeps getting harder and harder! This year alone we had a high heel shoe, cell phone, blow fish, web cam and that was just a few. We nearly had 40 entries this year and this has to be narrowed down to the top 3!
This year was the first year we truly did not help our kids. Except for holding the glue gun they were on their own. I have to say I was very impressed with them. Sammie made a duck hatching out of an egg, Christian made a gnome sitting on a mushroom and Andrew made a "Krabby Patty" with a little inspiration from a burger king kids meal toy. Of course Jake and I participated as well and if I can say so...I thought we both did a pretty good job! Jake made a tiger and I made a Monster Truck, crushing cars and all!!
Even after all this hard work none of us took first. I did make it into the top 6 which wasn't too bad! I am still working towards the trophy and hope to one day claim it as mine! I have only come close once, taking second with a topiary! What an "eggs"hausting day. Now what are we going to do next year???









1 comment:
Yesterday was a lot of fun - however I take issue with some of the pictures of me!
I'm sure the trophy will be yours soon, I can feel it!
Post a Comment