Sunday, March 16, 2008

Age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying you.

Glitter Graphics

I can't believe another year has past. It truly seems like yesterday we were celebrating Jakes 30th and now 31! WOW! What a great year it has been. Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I love you to the moon and back!

I thought for the 31 years Jake has been around I would share 31 facts you might now know about him. For all of you wondering this isn't bragging. It's a litte known fact that a wife can never be too proud of her husband!!!

1. Jake loves Kakuna chesse on vegetable thin crackers. (Try it you might like it!)

2. Jake or should I say Icewarrior, is more addicted to Warcraft than I am to blogging.

3. Jake has 5 boys in his family. NO GIRLS!!!

4. Jake was a huge He-man fan as a child and had almost every one of the action figures. (Last year he bid on and bought almost all of the figures on ebay for our boys!)

5. Jake is the youngest Senior Vice President in the history of Zions Bank.

6.Speaking of History...Jake secretly wishes he could quit his job as a banker and be a history teacher.

7. Jakes favorite show to watch on T.V. is anything on the history channel.

8. Jake's top 5 movies are...The patriot, 300, Gladiator, Count of Monte Cristo and Braveheart.

9. Jake has a great voice and loves to sing. It doesn't matter where we are if he is in the mood to sing he will!!!

10. Jake loves all kind of music, from rap to musicals, to church hymns to country. You rarely find a type of music that Jake doesn't have a cd of in his car.

11.Jake loves frozen chocolate covered mint oreos.

12. Jakes favorite meals are lasagna and roast beef dinner...don't forget the mac and cheese with gravy! Hey don't diss it until you've tried it.

13. Jake's favorite subject in school was math.

14. Jake graduated with his MBA with a 3.91 GPA. So close honey almost perfect!!!

15. Jake is a great father! I could go on and on about this. He is a total hands on Dad and is so helpful at home.

16.Jake served an LDS mission in Johannesburg, South Africa. He totally blended in over there white hair and all! LOL

17. Jakes favorite football team is the Raiders.

18. Jake serves on the Valley services board and the Utah food bank board development committee.

19.Jake almost died when he was 2 from dehydration.

20. Jake has a twin brother Joe and the furthest we have ever lived from him is 1 mile.

21. Jake's favorite sport is basketball.

22. Jake has lived in Utah his whole life and went to Alta high school.

23. Jake has been all over the world including...France, London, Scotland, Africa,Switzerland,Mexico, Belize, Bahamas, Grand Cayman and to almost every state in the U.S.

24.Jake collects swords. You should see his office at home...Can I just say scary!!!

25. Jake loves to go shooting and has many guns of his own. Yes he is safe and they are always locked up...just in case you were worried!

26. Jake was an assistant coach on Christians football team this past fall and is going to help assist with lacrosse this spring. The kids on the team still get excited every time they see him and call him Coach!

27. Jakes was given many nicknames as a child. They included lamar, sergio, frances, bony and st (story teller) just to name a few.

28. Jake loves to help me decorate. If it weren't for Jake I don't think we would even have a Christmas tree up. Of course however since he is in charge we not only have 1 but 9 trees. You should see our house in December...wait I mean November. We have to decorate right after Thanksgiving, he would do it earlier but I just won't let him!!

29.Jake is the Cubmaster in our ward and has been for 3 years this July!!!

30. Jake takes the kids to Mcdonalds for breakfast almost every Saturday! That is when he's not eating his favorite ceral OH's.

31. Jake has never broken a bone in his body. Knock on wood...I don't think this will always be the case because if it's dirty, dangerous or crazy Jake will eventually try it!

Of course I have to give one more to grow on...

32. Jake is the best husband and father I could have ever hoped for. He is my best friend! We have so much fun together and are always laughing. His personality is contagious and everyone wants to be around him. He is a total hands on dad and loves nothing more than being with his kids. Whether it is playing basketball in the front yard, making late night chocolate drink runs, playing war craft or just snuggling on the couch, the kids always want to be by his side. I am so lucky to have you a part of my life and love you to the moon and back!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Happy birthday Jake! What a nice tribute - way to go Liz!! Our cute husbands are growing up :) We love you guys!

Mckinzie Heugly said...

Happy Birthday Jake we love you!

FAMILY
I love my family so much. To be apart of a family like mine is so divine, where love is shown hurt is shared our love for each other is never impaired. We talk we laugh we cry, but we are a family and we do it all together. For as a family we do it all as one you hurt one you hurt all and as a family unit we will all stand tall. For we are family a family full of strength a family full of love a family no one can touch. That is why I love my family so much.

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.

Heugly Visitors